3-18: Interu vs That, Phase 1 (Apex 1 & Spider 66)

Apex 1:

When we first met, I barely acknowledged her.

A young Taratect with the misfortune to end up where she didn't belong.

I thought she would die unceremoniously, without ever being anything of note.

She actually appraised me back then, but I foolishly dismissed it as me imagining things.

The second time however, I noticed her nest to be far too elaborate and complex for someone as immature as her.

This young one is smarter than it should be.

My curiosity was what drove me to spare her.

I wished to see her go on, to see how she would fare against the odds.

I was told by Kaguna that she entered the Middle Stratum, the worst place for the likes of spiders.

I thought she would die there.

Only for me to hear about Rend's defeat by her, quite the shock that was.

By then she was definitely strong enough for the Queen Taratect to add her to her army.

Meaning she would return to the Lower Stratum, where we can meet again.

But she stayed in the Upper Stratum, somehow able to dismiss the Queen Taratect's order, much to her confusion and frustration.

I myself was disappointed, thinking we would never meet again.

She was the talk of the labyrinth among my fellow Earth Dragons, and continues to be.

I was even teased by Geere, who had the honour of briefly fighting her before she retreated, that she will take my place as the new Rising Star of the labyrinth.

Not that I really minded, I didn't care for my silly title to begin with.

When we met for the third time against my expectations, I was speechless.

She had matured into a different line from the Taratect line, radiating so much more power than anyone can realistically obtain in such a short amount of time.

Excited for once in such a long, long time, I wanted to battle her right then and there.

But she just teleported away when I fired a dragon breath at her.

I was disappointed yet again, but at the same time, the fact that she used [Spatial Magic] was more than enough to tell me that she can intentionally access the System.

And of course, [Spatial Magic] is notoriously the most difficult type of Magic to use alongside [Abyss Magic].

She is even smarter and more talented than I once thought.

I will battle her, even if she doesn't want to, I will seek her out for it.

She isn't the only one who can dismiss orders.

So I asked around, and learnt that she even took an Earth Wyrm under her care.

She is smart enough to invest time in grooming a loyal servant of her own.

She is beyond a mere exception, and my excitement grows.

And it seems my worry that she would continue to avoid me is misplaced.

I can sense her, where we first met.

She is waiting there, and I can only hope it is for me.

So we may do battle.