3-6: Post Dragon Progress Update (Spider 54)

Spider 54:

Forgetting what happened earlier for the sake of our bliss, we continued our way through the Middle Stratum in search of an exit to the Upper Stratum.

Once we reach that place, we intend to train hard in preparation to defend ourselves from Humans who are mostly super strong thanks to having far longer to train up themselves.

We obviously want to become Human again but I am further hoping for us to re enter Human society too, but my younger sisters aren't too happy with that idea.

Still, as their older sister, it is my responsibility to push them to be the best they can be, so like it or not, we will be civilised again and not settle for being lowly thieves of food.

Karada, Majikku 1 & 2: Nai wa...

Come on you brats, we gotta do better!

Majikku 1: Do we have to?

Karada: It's gonna be so hard to act like a normal Human.

Majikku 2: And people are scary because they are judgmental and mean!

Don't you want to be proud of who you are?

And not just ignore how terrible we are to avoid feeling bad about ourselves?

Karada, Majikku 1 & 2: Nai wa...

Nai wa, what a bunch of wimps, I suppose I have no choice but to drag us towards glory.

Anyway, as we explored, we tested out our new [Dimensional Manoeuvring] Skill.

It makes double jumping and air dashing possible by spending SP to spawn light blue platforms around you.

You need to continuously feed SP into it to maintain those platforms and the bigger they are, the faster your SP gets drained.

You can also technically have more than one out but that is difficult to do.

But it is far more SP efficient to use several smaller platforms to support each leg than it is to make one big platform to stand on, so we definitely want to master that.

A problem with the platforms is that they are pretty fragile.

If we try to run at full speed or jump with all our strength, the platforms will break before we can even kick off of them, even with our [Heavy Evil Eye] limiters off.

So despite being able to run in midair, we can't actually make full use of our Speed Stat.

Hopefully, this problem will be fixed when the Skill levels up.

Still, it uses a lot of SP, and thus a lot of EP if we want to maintain a platform's existence for more than a moment, so we can't really afford to train it up when food is scarce.

It would be a different story if it uses MP instead but I suppose we can't have them all.

With all that said, having important aerial movement options now like air dashing and double jumping is definitely a huge upgrade.

But to be honest, we want actual flight more than anything else.

Infinite jumps just aren't the same as soaring through the skies, y'know?

I remember how jealous I was of birds for being able to fly when I was a kid, still do actually.

Back to what we have, the second Skill we tested is [Dragon Power].