1-D: Merei Shinohara's Acceptance (Wyrm 4)

Wyrm 4:

Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?

Like, really, really hot.

No seriously, am I being cooked right now?!

I think I already died once without knowing how or why, am I going to die again already?!

And to be eaten no less?!

???: "Proficiency has reached the required level.

Acquire Skill [Fire Resistance LV1]."

Ah, the heat isn't hurting as much now.

And with that [Fire Resistance], I think I will survive whatever is happening, maybe, hopefully.

But wait, that voice again.

I have been suspecting it for a while now, I think I'm in a game world, trapped in an egg or something.

I died and was reborn as something other than Human, an 'other world' story in other words, I think?

How do I know? Well, despite often mocking others for being nerds, I was once secretly kind of one myself.

Back when I was a dumb kid, I read a lot of fanfiction online.

The idea of inserting myself into the stories I like and being loved by the characters I liked really appealed to my stupid kid self.

Actually, it still kind of does, but I grew out of liking something so cringe worthy of course.

Still, it was through fanfiction that I met Aiko and Kumiko online, sharing our stupid stories that we cringe over together nowadays.

Our shared embarrassing past is what kept us together all these years, we even deliberately coordinated to enter the same high school to spend more time together.

You could honestly mistake us for sisters and I wouldn't correct you.

I was an only child myself, so it's not like I have any siblings that would get offended that people think I was siblings with people I am not actually related to.

More importantly, I really miss hanging out with Aiko and Kumiko.

Again, is this my punishment for bullying Wakaba?

{ Sasajima: "It's bad enough you're picking on her everyday, now you're planning on attacking her?! You know what you're doing is wrong, right?!" }

I remember Sasajima's words.

I used to mock him by calling him a simp for Wakaba, but he never once retaliated out of embarrassment even though it's obvious he wasn't into Wakaba.

Unlike me, I got mad at Wakaba for bewitching Hajuka and for ignoring me.

But it's not like she was going out with him, or anyone for that matter.

She never stole him from me, and never retaliated against my bullying of her either, just taking it all without complaint.

I also mocked Sasajima for being immature after learning about his past too, but really, I am the immature one.

He was at least trying to do the right thing, while I lashed out because I didn't have things my way.

If Aiko and Kumiko hadn't stopped me, I definitely would have assaulted Sasajima right then and there.

And if I had won against him somehow, I probably would have attacked Wakaba next.

But what would that have solved? Nothing, only more problems.

Thinking about how she ignored me still pisses me off, thinking about how many guys she had bewitched also pisses me off.

But now I'm mad at myself too for being so childish and stupid!

Sasajima's right, Aiko and Kumiko are right.

What I did was wrong, and it wasn't worth holding onto that hatred.

I should have focused on spending time with my friends instead of wasting time on Wakaba, Sasajima, and Natsume too, who started making fun of me out of nowhere.

Still have no idea what the deal is with him.

And more importantly, I really miss Aiko and Kumiko.

I miss singing karaoke and hanging out at the mall with them.

I miss going on trips with them on holidays.

Maybe that's my real punishment...

Suddenly, I hear someone talking in a language I don't know.

And I hear a bunch of footsteps too, it must be a group of Humans right?

Maybe they used the fire to drive the bugs away?

...It has been a while and nothing has happened to me.

In fact, the Human noises faded away.

Um, hello? Anyone there?

...

I guess I will doze off for now, again.

What am I even supposed to do now?