0-4: A Wild Spider Appears (Emperor 1 & Spider 4)

Emperor 1:

Naofumi: "Yikes! A huge spider!"

Naofumi yelled out and it looks like he is about to cry again.

Typical crybaby.

Issei: "Oh man, gross!"

Issei, my childhood friend, added.

Come on man! I get it, but don't say that out loud.

It makes you look lame, if you're lame, I will seem lame for hanging out with you!

"Grab the broom, I'm gonna crush it!"

I, Kengo Natsume, decided to take charge of the situation, which will surely make me seem cool, heroic and manly.

Since even Wakaba has stopped reading her book to look at what's going on, this is an especially important moment for me to catch her attention.

???: "Wait a minute, boys!"

Someone else shouted.

What?

Oka, our homeroom teacher, rushed over to step between me and the spider.

Oka: "Even this little insect has a soul. It would be cruel to kill it, y'know?"

She added.

"Oh, come on!"

I complained, it's just a spider!

Oka: "Listen to me, okay? A spider is a good bug, y'know? They eat the other bad bugs. Besides, look at how cute they are."

Oka explained.

"Cute? Yeah, right."

I complained, but I don't actually have a good comeback against the actual argument earlier and lower the broom in my hand.

Oka: "None of you better kill the poor thing either, okay?"

Oka added, addressing everyone else in the classroom.

"Yeah, yeah. Isn't that nice?"

I responded sarcastically.

My chance to be the hero has been ruined and Oka is making me seem like the villain here.

And all in front of Wakaba too.

Ugh...

Oka: "Live your life to the fullest too. Okay, little spider?"

Oka addressed the spider.

Seriously? It's just a spider, it's not like it has human emotions!

Spider 4:

???: "Yikes! A huge spider!"

Someone shouted.

Since the situation seems to be so dire, I should be free to break character and look around.

Yep, that's a spider alright.

And the boy who shouted earlier is Crybaby, who is about to cry again.

Not very manly, but I still almost envy his ability to shamelessly express his emotions.

He still gets made fun of, but it doesn't stop him from having friends.

Friends...I want those too, but too much effort and courage needed so nah.

No wait, I actually have friends now somehow.

But do we really count as friends?

Do they see me as a friend? Or just someone they have to put up with?