2-K: Schlain Zagan Analeit (Prince 3 & Half-Elf 2)

Prince 3:

I think it has been a few months since I was reborn, though I am not sure.

During that time, I have been listening very carefully to pick up on the local language.

I still have many blind spots, but I think I understand enough to get the gist of my situation.

I am the fourth prince of the Analeit Kingdom, Schlain Zagan Analeit.

I am the second child of the third princess consort, who unfortunately passed away soon after I was born.

The boy I saw before is most likely my older brother Julius Zagan Analeit, who was grieving our mother's death.

The baby that was with me is Suelecia Analeit, daughter of the true queen and my younger half-sister.

Speaking of Sue, her nickname, she has been imitating my training and restlessly moved about as well.

Part of me had to wonder if she is a reincarnated person like me.

Though I won't be able to find out any time soon, not until I can get my vocal cords working.

Today, I am going to try something.

Well, it's more like Anna and Klevea, the two maids looking after us, want us to try crawling around by putting us on the floor, no doubt having taken notice of our restlessness.

Anna puts me down and walks a bit of a distance away before gesturing to me to get me to go to where she is.

I complied and struggled to move forward with my weak body.

I successfully grip the ground and drag myself forward.

I did it!

I have successfully managed to crawl around now!

Pride beams out from Anna's eyes, but I soon sense a bit of sorrow coming from her as well.

Kelvea did the same with Sue, and like me, she managed to crawl to.

I was so proud and patted her head on impulse, which was seen by the two maids.

It was embarrassing to have them look at us all heartwarmingly, no doubt finding the scene to be cute.

I guess I should talk more about Anna and Klevea, the former is the one with pointy ears and it turns out she is a Half-elf that used to be a mage.

Yeah, Magic exists in this world, I can't wait to use it myself.

The other maid is a former knight, she looks so buff it is hard to believe she is a woman sometimes.

These two maids have been looking after me and Sue, they are basically our parents since no one else really comes around to take care of us.

Our father is the king, so he is probably too busy to come see us.

My mother is dead, and Sue's is the true queen, who is also probably too busy.

It feels weird, to have such a distance between blood relatives and have closer bonds with the attendants instead.

But I suppose this kind of problem is common among royalty, at least, I think so?

Anyway, things are going well.

I just need to keep this up.

Half-Elf 2:

Schlain has been restless.

And Sue soon followed suit.

Klevea was worried about me calling a member of the royal family by a nickname instead of her actual name.

But there are benefits to serving the royal family for as long as I have.

For one, no one really questions my loyalty.

And two, most don't mind me doing as I please as I am trusted by them.

A simple shortening of a name as a nickname will do no harm.

Especially when Sue's mother, the true queen, is rarely even around to actually look after her.

I do wish to think ill of any in the royal family, but I have my doubts that the true queen sees her children as anything more than tools to be used in politics.

That is no way family members should be towards each other.

Anyway, my opinion set aside.

With their restlessness, I figure they might just be able to start crawling around soon.

So me and Klevea have been setting them on the ground, waiting for them to crawl on their own.

I set Schlain down, and moved away before waving for him to come over here.

He grabbed the carpet on the floor and dragged himself over.

He did it!

I am so proud!

No doubt Lisa would be too.

If...only she was here to see this...

I quickly push my sorrow aside and look over to Klevea and Sue.

It seems that Sue is following in her half brother's footsteps as usual and managed to crawl as well.

Though I am not as proud of her as I am with Schlain.

Whether that is because I have already spent my excitement on Schlain or her connection to the true queen, I am not sure.

To our surprise, Schlain patted Sue on the head, no doubt mimicking us when we patted their heads.

How cute.

Lisa would have loved to see this.

...