3-Q: Fear Of and For (Wyrm 10)

Wyrm 10:

<I...am scared of you!>

I screamed out via [Fartalk] to Skanda-sama, and broke down crying.

When the alarm bell rang and fire spreaded everywhere, I was scared.

Not because I was worried I might burn to death, no.

My [Fire Resistance] protected me.

I was scared of how Skanda-sama would react.

Would he...take it out on me?

So I rushed to activate the sprinkler system, raining down Skanda-sama's [Medicine Synthesis] on the flames.

It's not perfect, there are a few blind spots where the sprinkler system can't reach.

So I desperately put the remaining fire out by myself using puddles of the healing liquid scattered about.

Just when I was done, I was hit by an uncomfortable feeling, almost like I was being groped.

I turned to see Humans, a lot of them staring me down.

I was too busy putting out the fire to notice them before.

I was terrified.

Were they here to kill me?

Or worse, enslave me?

One of the reasons Skanda-sama wants to max out my [Heresy Resistance] is so that I will be immune to [Creature Training], a Skill that can allow the user to command Monsters to do their bidding.

And when I appraised them, I found one of them to have the [Creature Training] Skill maxed out.

I was scared out of my mind, especially considering the mage next to the tamer is really strong, compared to me at least.

I can't win, no way in hell I can win.

So I ran to my bedroom.

Honestly, probably not a good idea considering that just means I am cornered in there, with no means of escape.

I hid in there, hoping they would go away.

Then I felt it, his aura of Fear.

I shiver ran down my spine, because it means it's time for another 'sparring' session.

But then I realised, he is definitely going to kill those Humans.

I know about their sins and all, but I didn't want Skanda-sama to live with the fact that he murdered actual people.

I am still holding out hope he will regain his senses eventually.

I tried to talk him out of it, but he interrupted and ignored me.

There is no saving Skanda-sama or the Humans.

I heard the battle from inside of my bedroom.

There was a lot of screaming, almost like I am listening to the audio of a horror film where a group of people are getting slaughtered by the monster of the film.

Except, it's real, and the Monster in question is Skanda-sama.

After a while, the screaming stopped, and he teleported into my room demanding to know why I didn't contact him immediately when the nest was invaded.

How am I supposed to tell him? Without making him madder?

But then he pressed the issue and I...snapped at him.

I am doomed, I am in for it now.

So I cry.

But he just stared at me for a bit before teleporting away.

Thank god, no 'sparring' this time.

...No, not god, not the one who brought us here anyway.

And definitely not the one who gave Skanda-sama the [Taboo] Skill for doing nothing wrong.

It ruined him, turned him monstrous.

Yes, this world's people are foolish and deserve their punishment.

But what of us?

Why do we have to be the ones to carry out their punishment as a punishment for us?

Skanda-sama said so as much that the [n%I=W] Skill will kick us out of the System when we die here, so it's not like our Souls will be trapped here until we complete our so-called mission.

Is it really our mission to begin with?

It's not like we would have known without [Taboo].

So really, is it our responsibility to do something we are not even supposed to know about?

Shouldn't...we just focus on living our lives to the fullest as Skanda-sama planned to before [Taboo] corrupted him?

I just...want things to go back to the way they used to be.

How we would play games, how we would chat about moral philosophy, and more.

I continue crying, in my bed soaked with blood from all the injuries I sustained from 'sparring' with Skanda-sama.