1-B: Kyouya Sasajima's Loneliness (Oni 2)

Oni 2:

I have been reborn.

Crazy, I know, but it's true.

And even crazier than that, is the fact that I am part of a large Goblin family now.

I didn't possess an existing Goblin or anything, I am an actual Goblin baby that had just been born today.

I don't understand their language, and not knowing that made me anxious.

Not being Human anymore also made me anxious, so anxious that I started to cry uncontrollably.

Right away, my new parents and siblings comforted me the best they could.

Oof, I can feel my pride eroding away crying like a baby and having to be comforted like one.

But the embarrassment only made it harder to control my crying.

I have memories of my past life, so I thought I should be mentally and emotionally mature enough not to cry so pathetically like this.

But I guess reality proved me wrong.

Then again, I suppose I do have anger issues, so emotional control isn't my strong suit to begin with.

But why did this happen in the first place?

I was in classical Japanese class before this.

I remember being blinded by light and pain coursing through my body as I blacked out, and soon woke up crying in this new world.

...

Right now, I'm supposed to be sleeping like everyone else.

My first night in this world, and I'm dead tired.

And yet I'm wide awake thinking about my past life.

I miss my parents, I miss Shun, Kanata and Skanda.

I won't get to greet my old father as he returns home from work again.

I will never get to wash the dishes for my old mother again.

I will never get to chat about random things with my old friends, or play that MMO with them.

I lost everyone that knew me and accepted me for who I am.

I want to cry, and before I know it I start crying aloud, waking everyone up.

I'm so sorry, this is so humiliating.

I should be better than this.

It's the next morning.

I'm not crying right now.

In fact, my new family is feeding me some sort of vegetable soup.

Reminds me of the meals my old mother would make with the ingredients she would get from sales at the supermarket.

And I will never taste those meals of hers again...

Back to reality.

I am surprised a newborn baby like me is able to chew on actual food already, but I guess I am not Human anymore.

My old life as a Human...

If you have to ask me if my old life is a good one, I think I will say that it was.

Sure, I was lonely for most of my life due to me scaring everyone off with my anger issue.

But I didn't really find it to be a lonely existence until now.

When I entered high school, I managed to suppress my rage enough to make a good first impression and befriended Shun and Kanata, and later befriended Skanda online in the free-to-play game the former two invited me to play.

Besides them, there were my parents of course.

They were there for me, even if they didn't support my method of justice, they still love me.

It's because I know what it is like to be not lonely anymore that I really feel it now.

I can only wonder what is going on back on Earth.

...

Am I really dead? I just assumed that, but maybe my real body is still back on Earth and to everyone else, I have just passed out?

What are Shun and Kanata doing right now? Are they in this world with me?

And what about my family? Are they grieving whatever happened to me?

If they even know?

...

I wonder if I will ever find out the truth?

If me, Shun and Kanata have all been reborn into this world like in those isekais Kanata liked to read, then that means Skanda just lost three close friends.

I remember how I swore to maintain our bond so he won't be lonely like he believes he will be.

But now? That promise may never be kept.

I'm sorry.

...

That's assuming Shun and Kanata are here too.

I really don't want to be alone, huh?

Maybe I'm the one who needs them more than they need me.

And I'm crying once again.

Immediately, my new Goblin family starts comforting me.

I am grateful, I'm crying even harder now.

They will never truly understand my pain, but I'm happy they are here for me anyway.

I swear, I will be there for them as well.