3-5: D, the Evil God (Spider 53)

Spider 53:

D: "Sorry about the hold up, Kumoko."

"Yes, hello?"

D: "I talked it over with my friend, and he's not going to take direct action involving you."

"Um, thanks?"

Not that I have any idea what's going on, but I think I avoid some bit of trouble with Kuro (Temp.) there.

Majikku 1: But who is this creepy chick?

D: "I'm D."

Eh!?

Majikku 1: Wait, wait, wait, did she just read my mind?!

D: "Sure did."

Majikku 2: Mind reading!? That's an invasion of privacy!

Karada: Yeah! You tell her!

D: "But many of your funniest moments only exist in your head."

"Our funniest moments?! Does that mean you have been monitoring us this whole time?!"

D: "I don't like how 'monitoring' sounds. I think 'watching' is more accurate. There's never a dull moment with you!"

Karada: Wait, D?! As in the one that gave us [Wisdom]?!

D: "Yes, that was a little treat for you. And I'm glad you're making the most of it."

Majikku 1: What exactly are you after?!

D: "I'm just amusing myself. It's really not any more complex or significant than that. You're talking to the most malevolent evil god in the world, after all."

"An evil god?!"

D: "Sure am! That's why I enjoy seeing people struggle and suffer so much."

This...can't be true.

Karada: There is no way something that evil actually exists!

Majikku 2: Or is that just wishful thinking?

Majikku 1: Then this world was created just for your amusement?!

D: "Oh, not at all. Relative to this world, I'm an outsider."

"Eh!? What does that even mean?!"

D: "I'm afraid I can't tell you any more. It'd make things kind of boring, after all."

"Boring?! That's your whole reason?!"

D: "Hang in there and keep on suffering so I stay entertained, okay? There's a good chance you'll eventually get the answers you want!"

"You want us to suffer just so you can be entertained?! How can you be so selfish-"

D: "Later, now!"

"Hey! I'm not done talking, prat!"

And the phone flew up and disappeared.

I cannot even sense any distortion in space with [Spatial Perception] or the Rune for the teleportation Spell with [Technique Perception].

That just goes to show how powerful she is to be able to mask them when Kuro (Temp.) can't.

Karada: Scary...

Majikku 2: What are we gonna do?

Majikku 1: Hate to say it, but there's nothing we can do about this D chick.

Yeah, let's just eat this Fire Dragon already.

Let's save processing all this for tomorrow.

Karada: Roger roger. Num num num...

It's like whitefish and chicken combined.

Majikku 2: Yummy!

Majikku 1: But it could still use some seasoning.

We ate the delicious Fire Dragon, which still wasn't enough to top the catfish, and went to sleep after finding a hiding spot.

Karada: Yawn...

Good morning.

Karada, Majikku 1 & 2: Good morning.

So...I guess it's time we start processing what happened yesterday.

Karada: So D is an evil god, or so she claims.

Majikku 2: But she gave us [Wisdom], so she can't be all bad, can she?

Majikku 1: Regardless, this D chick is dangerously powerful, she probably is a real God.

In the end, more questions arise than answers.

I mean, take Kuro (Temp.), who is he really?

Majikku 1: Probably a native, since he spoke in a mysterious language.

Right, D said something about being an outsider when I asked if she created this world.

Which is to say that this world and its people already existed before D got involved, I think.

Karada: Unless she is lying.

Majikku 2: Yeah, someone who calls themselves evil can't be trusted!

Mhm, as for the smartphone...

Well, as we discussed before, I seriously doubt the technological level of this is advanced enough to have smartphones.

Majikku 1: And since that smartphone looks just like ours, that means it is probably from Earth.

Factoring in the fact that D knows and can speak Japanese fluently...

Karada: Is D from Earth?

Majikku 2: Does that mean she is this world's connection to Earth?

It's probably thanks to her that the Divine Voice's messages and Wisdom-sama's information are translated into Japanese.

Well, mostly translated, things exclusive in the native tongue like local names are probably impossible to translate into another language.

And finally, Administrators.

Majikku 1: They probably manage this world in a similar fashion to actual admins managing an online game.

Karada: Is that why they are called Administrators? Because this world is nothing but a game to them?

Majikku 2: Then does D really see us as nothing more than entertainment? Is there really no greater purpose behind our reincarnation and horrible life so far?

I hope not, cause that would just be depressing for no good reason.

I mean, not even some sort of redemption for our sloth in our past life via preserving through hell to become a better person or something? That just doesn't seem right.

It all has to mean something right? Or there won't be any motivation not to just give up on life and resign to an empty lifestyle again.

Hm, not good, this is getting us nowhere.

I guess we have no choice but to remain ignorant.

Ignorance is bliss as they say, so it is probably for the best that we don't know the full truth and just carry on as usual.

With that in mind, let's continue exploring for the exit to freedom!

Karada, Majikku 1 & 2: Yeah!