2-5: Round 2 with the Dragon Eel (Spider 37)

Spider 37:

The eel wriggles out of the magma to attack me.

The head definitely looks like that of an eel, but the rest of the body resembles a Chinese dragon.

Maybe I should call it a dragon eel instead?

More importantly, I definitely don't have the SP or EP to run away now.

Trying to do anything without SP will drain your EP at a much faster rate, and I lost a lot of EP running from that [Flame Breath].

It didn't help that [Mental Warfare] was also draining SP while I was on empty so it drained my EP directly too.

I have to fight and win!

Divine Voice: "Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Thought Acceleration LV2] has become [Though Acceleration LV3].

Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Foresight LV2] has become [Foresight LV3]."

I do my best to rest up as much as possible before the dragon eel reaches me.

Once it gets close enough, it prepares to slam me with its tail.

Time to move then! [Mental Warfare] on!

I dodge it, and prepare for the tail sweep.

I dodge backwards, while the dragon eel prepares to lunge with its head to bite me.

Big mistake pal, this is what I have been waiting for!

I prepare a ball of [Deadly Spider Venom] and throw the Poison into the mouth of the dragon eel while dodging to the side.

The dragon eel chomp down on the ball of venom and start rolling around in pain.

Finally, it stops moving.

Whew...I did it.

I am so tired, but I definitely will level up from killing something so strong...right?

Nothing? Nai wa...

Heh, typical Hiiro luck...

Wait, no! The dragon eel ain't dead yet!

In fact, its HP is rapidly increasing while its SP drops!?

It's the ability [Life Exchange] from [Fire Dragon LV3]!

Shit! I had forgotten that crucial piece of information!

And even worse, it just gained [Poison Resistance LV1] and [HP Auto-Recovery LV1]!

Nai wa! I need to kill it before it gets back up!

I make the sturdiest Casting Net I can with [Energy Conferment] and wrap the dragon eel up.

Before the thread burns up, I desperately throw as many balls of [Deadly Spider Venom] at its face.

"Venom Gatling! Die die die!"

Thankfully, the venom enters its eyes and mouth, and the damage outpaces its [Life Transition] and [HP Auto-Recovery].

The dragon eel tries and fails to tear off the webbing and free itself in time.

The dragon eel finally drops dead for real and I collapse from exhaustion myself, turning [Mental Warfare] off for hopefully the last time.