beta Act I Auther's Notes [Outdated]

Can't be bothered to read through everything I wrote, so I am writing this off memory alone.

Ch.0:

Tried to establish characters and their relationships before diving into the main story, to better hit home how being isekai'd affected them.

I figured D would actually interact with her classmates, while causing drama in subtle ways.

Probably should expand this part for the rewrite, especially for certain characters' sake.

I feel like Kumoko isn't wacky enough here, and a bit too sentimental, but what do you think?

Ch.1:

Survival horror, more like survival comedy with a hint of tragedy.

Really leaning into the whole 'living life to the fullest' thing, a line that should have been way more important in the original.

I should have done more to show the trauma of surviving in the labyrinth, offset by Kumoko using humour to distract herself from it, well, more like ignoring it.

Ch.2:

This part is mostly just a retelling of the original, with bits of details change here and there.

Did my best with the split personalities that came with [Multi-Minds] to better highlight aspects of Kumoko's character, and to write dynamics between them.

I really need to establish proper Stat sheets and the Spells for the Magic Skills for the rewrite, they should come in handy when checking what characters can and cannot do.

Ch.3:

The part where things finally diverge, kind of, more like exploring elements left untouched in the original.

Kumoko being mad that she has to deal with the consequences of other people's actions in the original, while understandable and relatable, is a bit weak.

It is funny in a way, but ultimately adds little to nothing for her narrative.

So I tried to dig deeper, and made it so it is all her pent up frustrations with humanity exploding out, and how this is actually really bad for her.

I then added Feirune in, serving to explore Kumoko's character further.

Kumoko sparing Araba was done for the sake of later chapters, where she will then have more opportunities to grow, or fail and then grow.

I think I did a pretty good job here with Kumoko, but feel free to rain on my parade.

I want to show more of Kumoko and Feirune interacting pre-[Taboo], but this chapter is already getting too long in my opinion, to better establish how Kumoko passed on her wisdom to Feirune.

Should I just go for it in the rewrite? Make it way longer than the two chapters preceding it?

Characters:

Having spent so long on this, I now have a better idea for what I want to do with these characters.

Prince - Shunsake Yamada / Schlain Zagan Analeit:

I have big plans for him, but they won't start until the late game.