1-Q: Okazami Kanami's Despair (Teacher 2)

Teacher 2:

In my past life as a teacher, my students were under the impression that I am some sort of a pathetic woman.

I told them that I adopted the speech pattern of a manga character I liked all the way back in middle school, my interests in manga led to my interests in history and that the reason I became a teacher is to find a younger man.

But the patheticness was what allowed students to approach me more easily, which was what I was aiming for.

Being a teacher had been my dream since a young age.

I wanted to be the kind of teacher that can share a laugh with her students.

That meant learning about what the students would be interested in, like games, manga and novels.

Though it was supposed to be an act, I might have actually gotten addicted to these interests myself.

So the persona of a pathetic but easy to befriend woman wasn't entirely a lie.

But was that really enough?

Was I really happy to laugh along not as the real me, but a fake one?

Even now, I really don't know.

Speaking of now, I am a baby again.

I must have been isekai'd, and not only that, the people around me all have long, pointy ears.

Elves, they must be Elves.

I know that thanks to my library of otaku knowledge.

I will admit it, I flew into a panic at first, I don't have the strength to build a new life for myself.

I was far too attached to my old life as a teacher, and the responsibility of a teacher is to ensure the safety of her students.

With that in mind, I soon discovered that I have a Skill called [Student Roster].

It outlines the past, present and future of my class of students who have also been isekai'd into this world.

The students are ordered by their seat number.

The past outlines their place of birth.

Though since I don't know the language here, I can't really read the place names.

The present outlines their current status, such as healthy, sick, fatigued etc.

No information on their current location unfortunately.

And the future outlines when and how they will die.

Much to my despair, most of my students will die in less than 5 years.

Between the 16 from their past life and the 5 of this life, it still wouldn't be long enough to be a fulfilling one.

I have been looking through the list of students, and finally reached the last one.

The one who sits by the window at the back of the class, who is actually a year older than her classmate as she had once been held back in elementary.

Not because of her grades, which has always been excellent, near perfect even, but because of cancer, which she barely survived.

Such a rough life, she is clearly hurted but refuses to show weakness.

Student Roster: < 25: Hiiro Wakaba

Past: Born in the Great ????? Labyrinth

Present: Burning Alive

Future: Dies in a few months fighting an Earth Dragon named ????? >

What!?

In four months!?

And why is she burning alive!?

What is happening to her!?