1-F: Shinobu Kusama's Regrets (Ninja 2)

Ninja 2:

This is just...unbelievable.

I am at a loss for words.

Not that I can speak anyway, because I am a baby again.

That and the people around me are speaking in a different language.

Today, an old man in some sort of pope outfit visited my family.

My new father and him were talking about me, at least, I think so.

They kept glancing at me during their conversation.

It's very uncomfortable, by that I mean a feeling of discomfort keeps hitting my body.

I still don't know what led to this, all I remember is the flash of light and pain.

But whatever it is, I am pretty sure I will never see them again.

And by them, I mean Hiiro, Kuniyan, Asaka and Sachi.

I was a middle child in my past life.

My older brother was a prodigy, everyone was proud of him.

My younger sister was adorable, everyone doted on her.

And I guess I was there too, but no one really paid attention to me, not even my siblings.

So I acted out, trying to be the funny man to draw attention.

But that just made people think I was dumb and they ignored me for it.

Then I tried to be helpful, taking on chores and running errands.

My parents liked that, but it's not like they loved me any more for it.

And other people just saw me as someone useful and to be taken advantage of, nothing more than that.

But at least I existed to them, so I was okay with it, for a bit.

When I entered high school, I once again acted out.

I made myself the class clown, cracking jokes and trying to join in on conversations.

They either chuckled or got weirded out at first, but soon everyone got sick of me and pretended that I didn't exist.

So I fell back to my backup plan and started offering to run errands alongside my usual antics.

That did the trick, kind of.

Kengo and Merei were the only ones who regularly asked for help.

Even then, they didn't seem to appreciate what I did for them.

But it's okay, I was used to it by that point.

Then I ended up working with Hiiro, Kuniyan and Asaka for the group projects at school.

It was business as usual, until I invited them to the arcade to celebrate the completion of our first project together.

And ever since then, I felt like I finally had friends.

They regularly came to the arcade on weekends to hang out with me and we chatted about various things while we were there.

Well, I mostly chatted with the Childhood Couple, Hiiro didn't talk much.

If Kuniyan and Asaka were friends, then that made Hiiro an older sister to me.

The way she tried to act all cool when she was just a nervous wreck was just funny.

But what really made her relatable was that we were both losers that struggled to make friends and our shared inability to confess to our respective crushes.

That and her 'perfection' reminded me of my older brother.

Except y'know, we actually got along somewhat instead of her completely ignoring me.

Speaking of crushes, Sachi was my crush.

She once told me to stop letting people take advantage of me.

Not only did she acknowledge my existence, she was kind to me.

I probably seem desperate for falling in love just like that, but I can't help it.

I am a simp as Hiiro has put it, no doubt about it.

I tried to help Sachi out despite her not really wanting my help.

I tried to cheer her up as it seemed like she was always stressed from working.

I am honestly not sure if she liked my jokes, so I also offered to help her with her goal of becoming the student council president.

Though it took a bit of nagging on my part to get her to let me help her.

All of that, and I still never confessed to her.

I never truly showed my appreciation to Sachi or my friends.

That is my biggest regret and I begin to cry again.