3-11: Power, Responsibility, and Fruit! (Spider 59)

Spider 59:

So the first time encountering Humans since returning to the Upper Stratum didn't go as expected, mainly them being far weaker than we thought, and them running from us instead of the other way around.

But in the end, not much changed as we continued our training and exploration while watching over our shoulders for Mother catching and punishing us.

Anyway, we can follow where the Humans went to hopefully leave the labyrinth, but we are not ready to deal with humanity yet, not until us or Fei gets a Human form so we can at least blend in as owner and pet.

Speaking of Humans, we were just out exploring when we came across more.

We spotted them with [Clairvoyance] and decided to watch them to learn more about them.

We even managed to get close enough without inflicting Fear on them with Shadow Sneak to appraise them.

Since Fei can't see them from behind the wall of dirt as she doesn't have [Clairvoyance] yet, we allowed her to move closer on her own so she can watch them too.

Her Stealth Skills should be good enough to keep her hidden, we did prioritise raising her ability to hide alongside Speed and Detection Skills.

I must say though, her idea to learn echolocation via [Auditory Enhancement] is absolutely genius.

There isn't such a Skill in the Skill list for some reason, and we certainly never thought to attempt echolocation when we already have [Detection].

Neither of us have succeeded in doing so though.

Anyway, she is tailing the Humans carefully from behind while we watch from afar, ready to teleport in to dash off with her to safety.

She isn't allowed to make any sound right now to train echolocation of course, nor can she appraise them, since we have learnt that the target of [Appraisal] can feel it, thus alerting them of the fact they are being checked.

We also learnt when appraising each other that Wisdom-sama can appraise targets without alerting them, a super handy feature we didn't know existed.

Gee, to think of all the times we appraised Monsters in the Lower Stratum all willy-nilly.

We could have gotten ourselves killed so many times without even realising it.

Actually, now that I think about it, that explains why so many Monsters started looking around whenever I was near, they knew they were being appraised by someone.

Fei: <These guys don't look like knights, are they these so-called Adventurers you told me about finding in many isekais?>

<It would seem so.>

Fei: <Are they strong? You still haven't told me.>

<Think on it.>

Will we allow you to get so close to them if they are strong enough to pose a threat to you?

Well, yes, because we are here to keep you safe.

We just want Fei to think on her own to build [Prediction].

She can't rely on us forever, y'know?

Karada: As for how strong, these guys are even weaker than the knights.

Majikku 1: Are Humans seriously all this weak?

Well, I do have a theory.

Humans are social creatures, they need each other to survive and thus develop the skills to cooperate with each other, hence the [Cooperation] Skill they all seem to have.