1-I: The Princes' Determination (Prince 2, Half-Elf 1 & Hero 1)

Prince 2:

I saw it happen with my own eyes.

Though I am not sure if anyone else saw it.

A rift opened in our classroom.

It split wide open, a blinding light swallowed the room and I felt a terrible pain throughout my entire body.

Then I blacked out.

I was half-asleep back then, so I couldn't do anything about it.

Not to say that I think I could have done anything to begin with.

And now I am a baby, right next to another that is sleeping soundly.

I think I have been reincarnated.

Y'know, like in those stories called isekais?

Kanata was really into those, and often shared them with me and Kyouya.

Speaking of, they scolded me for staying up late so often just to grind levels with Skanda-sama but we promised to go grind some levels together anyway later the same day I died.

A promise I can no longer keep and I already miss them three.

I have other regrets as well.

I feel undutiful to my parents for dying before my grandparents.

And the thought that I won't see them again is depressing.

This other regret is a bit silly.

Another promise I can't keep is that I own Hasebe a piece of candy for lending me a pencil and eraser since I forgot my pencil case at home.

I was bitter that it wasn't free, but I suppose there is no such thing as a free service.

But really, I shouldn't be as hung up on this as the other regrets.

The only reason I care so much about this is because I have a crush on her.

We sat next to each other in class and often chatted while helping each other with subjects we were less adept in.

I was planning on confessing to her eventually, but now that will never happen.

...

Unless, my classmates have been reincarnated alongside me.

The blinding light did cover the whole classroom, so I don't think I was the only one who died from it.

I mean, what are the odds I am some sort of chosen one?

No way, if I can be isekai'd, the likelihood others have been as well is high.

If so, then there might be a chance I will get to see my friends again?

...

No, how selfish must I be to wish that my friends died too just so I won't be alone?

I should be wishing that I am the only one who died, and that the others are alive and well.

Then, a blue-haired boy wearing a white scarf entered the nursery room I'm in.

His eyes are leaking tears.

He keeps looking between me and the other baby.

Then he mumbles something, I don't know what he is saying because I don't know the language here.

That thought scares me, because I don't know what's going on and I begin crying uncontrollably.

The boy pats my and the other baby's heads before leaving.