2-9: Evil Eye! (Spider 41)

Spider 41:

[Rot Attack] is scary.

No seriously, we just tried it out and the Monster completely turned to dust.

And we lost the scythe we hit the Monster with.

Karada: Gone, reduced to atoms.

Not to mention the ominous grey aura that engulfed our scythe as we used it, yikes.

To think that it is that powerful at LV1, we may not have survived using it without [Rot Resistance].

Knowing that it is a suicidal attack, we better save it for when we really need it.

Besides, we can't eat Monster dust, so we shouldn't use it for hunting to start with.

As for [Rot Resistance], it ain't a good idea to use [Rot Attack] on ourself to raise it.

So the most reliable way we know to raise that Resistance Skill is to...eat those snailbugs.

Karada: Um, do we really have to?

Um, yeah, let's save the rest of that conversation for when we escape the Middle Stratum.

For now, don't use [Rot Attack] on small fries.

Karada: Roger roger.

Divine Voice: "Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Vision Expansion LV9] has become [Vision Expansion LV10].

Conditions satisfied.

Skill [Telescopic Sight LV1] has been derived from [Vision Expansion LV10]."

Oh cool, [Vision Expansion] maxed out and gave us a new Skill.

Honestly, seeing new colours is cool and all, but the infrared light makes everything look weirdly tinted.

Karada: Besides, now that we have [Heat Perception] from [Detection], I don't think we need [Vision Expansion] anymore to serve as infrared vision.

Still, information is information, so I will keep using it while you use normal vision.

Karada: Okay, sounds like a plan. Wow! Things look so much normaller now!

I envy you, one of these days, when we are strong enough to mess around, I am gonna enjoy the normal beauty of the world too.

Anyway, what's [Telescopic Sight]?

...So we can magnify distant sight now, let's try it out.

Karada: [Telescopic Sight], activate!

Wow! This is crazy!

We can see both the original vision and the magnified image at the same time!

This is because we can activate it in just one eye instead of all of them.

Karada: Normally, this would be confusing.

But I can handle the [Telescopic Sight] while you handle normal vision.

Karada: It's so good to have multiples of me, huh?

Yep! It is! Hey look! Prey!

It's out of my [Detection] range so I only spotted it thanks to [Telescopic Sight].