|19| At The Right Time

All The Right Time
by Fiona Bella E. Dela Cruz

Yeowang Lu, an adopted child, regularly returns to Busan in search of the mother who abandoned her at the tender age of ten. The reasons behind her mother's actions remained a mystery to Yeowang. Despite the potential for resentment, she couldn't help but wait patiently for her mother's return.

On one of her visits, Yeowang Lu spotted a woman with a child who seemed familiar. A surge of excitement overcame her when she realized the woman was her mother. Overcome with emotion, Yeowang hugged her tightly, claiming her as her mother. The old woman, Seong Lee, was taken aback by the unexpected reunion and struggled to find words.

Yeowang Lu soon realized that Seong Lee was her auntie, and the woman with her was her sister—her actual mother. As Seong Lee explained the circumstances leading to her mother's abandonment, Yeowang discovered her mother's name was Kyung Lee, and she was battling cancer in a nearby private hospital.

Despite the initial shock, Yeowang Lu insisted on meeting her mother. Kyung Lee, upon seeing her daughter, was overcome with emotion, unable to articulate her feelings. Tears flowed freely as Yeowang Lu embraced her long-lost mother, a moment of joy after years of separation.

Auntie Seong Lee and her son found contentment in the reunion, their family now complete and filled with happiness. They embraced the concept of being a united family, facing challenges together.

"But life is not without challenges," Yeowang reflected, acknowledging the inevitability of departures. However, the family was ready to face whatever came their way, finding happiness in their togetherness.

After visiting her ailing mother, Yeowang Lee faced the inevitable deterioration of her condition. Despite the challenges, Yeowang cared for her mother until her last breath. In a heartwarming twist, Auntie Seong Lee adopted Yeowang Lu, offering her a place in the family as a second daughter.

Yeowang Lu now lives in complete joy, cherishing the family that fate brought together.

The End