|58| The Wicked Fox

The Wicked Fox
by Salas, Krizzia Kenly R.

Choi Seo Jin, an 18-year-old gumiho, thrives in the contemporary city of Seoul, a perfect haven where the myths of old have faded, and terrible men abound, unnoticed and unmissed. Her existence depends on absorbing the energy of unsuspecting males under the light of the full moon.

One night, while feeding in the heart of the forest, Choi Seo Jin stumbles upon Lee Jung Seok, a young human boy under attack by a goblin. Against her instincts and in defiance of the gumiho's code, she intervenes to save him, risking her precious fox pearl and the essence of her gumiho spirit.

Lee Jung Seok, grateful for his unexpected savior, is captivated by Choi Seo Jin's otherworldly beauty. Witnessing her nine tails during the rescue, he's reminded of the stories his grandmother once shared about the gumiho, their strength, and the potential danger they pose. Despite the warnings, he feels an undeniable connection to her.

As Choi Seo Jin and Lee Jung Seok navigate their complex bond, malevolent forces begin to emerge from the shadows, threatening their newfound connection.

However, when a young shaman attempts to reconnect Choi Seo Jin with her pearls, the consequences are tragic. Lee Jung Seok finds himself faced with an impossible choice: sacrifice his own life to preserve Choi Seo Jin's immortal existence.

In the face of adversity, their love is put to the ultimate test, forcing Lee Jung Seok to confront the profound implications of choosing between mortality and eternity.

And so, with the fate of their intertwined destinies hanging in the balance, the tale of Choi Seo Jin and Lee Jung Seok unfolds in a mesmerizing dance between the mortal and supernatural realms.

The End