|106| "I'll be Dammed"

I'll be Dammed

by Ella Joyce Morales

In a river that is surrounded by trees live a beaver and a duck...

Although they are neighbors, they don't get along...

The duck complains all day about everything including the beaver on how he just gathers wood all day. The beaver doesn't care about what the duck was saying about him because he wanted to build a house that will benefit him in the long run.

Gathering wood, little branches, and twigs all day and stacking it up near the river. He starts to build his house little by little. The duck complains as usual about how the beaver builds his house and that it's starting to block the flow of the river.

The beaver continues his work while the duck continued to whine and suddenly the Weather Pelican flew and alerted the place of a storm that was going to come in a few days.

The duck shrugged his wings. The duck complains and doesn't care thinking the river is surrounded by trees and the storm won't hit that hard. Meanwhile, the beaver hastily builds the house and reinforced it with mud to make the house stronger.

A few days later the storm came and the beaver hides in his house. The duck laughs at the beaver saying that the storm is not strong why bother hiding inside the house suddenly the wind got stronger and the river flows angrily.

The duck was carried by the current crying for help. The beaver opened his house hearing the duck, tied a vine in his house then his body, and took the risk to save the hopeless duck. The beaver successfully saved the duck just in time. The beaver let the duck stay in his house and let the storm pass.

The storm had passed. The house built by the beaver was partially destroyed but they are both safe thanks to the beaver. The noisy duck thanked the diligent beaver who never stopped working despite the constant noise made by the duck. The duck promised to help the beaver rebuild his house and never to complain again. They live harmoniously in the river after.

The End