|50| My Brightest Sky (Naui Gajang Bichnaneun Byeol)

My Brightest Sky (Naui Gajang Bichnaneun Byeol)
by Jannah Andrea G. Maquiniana

Dokkaebi had cursed Kim Haneul due to her parents' disregard for goblin law. Upon turning eighteen, she was destined to leave Earth and go to the place where goblins truly belonged. However, there was a cure for her curse.

Her mother, also a goblin, had planned to arrange Kim Haneul's marriage to Jung Chinwa when she turned eighteen, following a Korean tradition where parents arrange their children's marriages.

Kim Haneul and Jung Chinwa had been childhood friends before they started dating, and their affection for each other blossomed.

One day, while heading to Gwanggyo Lake Park to meet her boyfriend, Kim Haneul felt strange when she encountered Dokkaebi. Unaware of what the goblin had said to her as he observed her, she passed out upon reaching Jung Chinwa's house. Concerned, he called the hospital, but the doctors found nothing wrong with her.

Realizing that only a boy willing to give his life for Haneul could cure her, Ae Seung Eun, Haneul's mother, understood that Dokkaebi had wronged her daughter in some way. Jung Chinwa, overhearing these words, immediately declared that he would sacrifice his life to save Haneul, expressing his genuine love for her.

Informed of Jung Chinwa's choice, Dokkaebi revealed that Kim Haneul's ailment could be cured with Jung Chinwa's kiss. He kissed his girlfriend passionately, and she awoke. Unfortunately, Jung Chinwa vanished, leaving behind a handmade Binio as a gift for what was supposed to be their wedding day.

Heartbroken, Haneul cried until she fell asleep. In her dream, she saw that Jung Chinwa would transform into the brightest light upon his disappearance.

Kim Haneul, burdened by Dokkaebi's curse due to her mother's mistake, acknowledged the error. Ae Seung Eun asked Dokkaebi to turn Jung Chinwa into the brightest star, ensuring that Haneul could always see him in the sky.

Kim Haneul vowed not to fall in love again until she found Jung Chinwa once more. As she looked up at the sky, she never failed to notice her brightest star—her first love, Jung Chinwa.

"My Jung Chinwa, until we meet again."

The End