|20| Is It Just A Dream?

Is It Just A Dream?
by De Leon, Denise Kyla C.

Once upon a time, in the city of Daegu, there lived an ordinary girl named Denise. Her journey into understanding life began at the age of 19, bringing experiences that set her apart from her peers.

She encountered setbacks, denials, and rejection, one of the most agonizing being abandoned by the person she loved the most. Faced with the overwhelming weight of this heartbreak, she sought refuge in a boy group video she stumbled upon while browsing her phone.

As time passed, Denise continued to watch their videos and check their social media updates daily, finding solace as a devoted fan. Gradually, she was able to let go of her painful past, thanks to the support she found in her admiration for the boy group.

Three years elapsed, marked by changes and occurrences, and one morning in Namdaemun Market, an old woman made an unexpected prediction to Denise. The woman claimed Denise was fortunate, destined to marry a rich and famous gentleman. Shocked but composed, Denise simply smiled and bowed, dismissing the prediction as the ramblings of a possibly confused elderly woman.

Days later, the old woman's words lingered in Denise's mind. Lost in thought on her way to work, she collided with a man wearing glasses and a hoodie, making him difficult to recognize. Apologizing for the oversight, Denise carried on with her daily routine, unaware of the strange encounters awaiting her.

On her way home, someone suddenly pulled her arm. Startled, she shouted for help, but the mysterious man covered her mouth. It was then that Denise recognized him as the handsome man she had previously encountered—Taehyung, a member of the boy group she admired.

Intrigued, Taehyung removed his mask and cap, surprising Denise with his identity. He accompanied her to her apartment, aware of the potential complications due to his fame. As days passed, they grew closer, and Taehyung openly expressed his affections for Denise.

They soon got married and started their own family, and Denise found herself in an elegant white dress, slowly walking down the aisle.

Then, a sudden interruption—Kriiiiingggg! Kriiiinnggggg! Kriiiiinnnngggg!

Denise's friend woke her up, shouting about being late for work. Confused and disoriented, Denise realized she had been dreaming.

"Whaaaaaaaat? Is everything only a dream?"

The End