|144| Slow Person Persist Optimism

Slow Person Persist Optimism
by Jun Rey D. Halili

In the vibrant realm of artistry, Murtle, an unwavering student on her quest for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting, found herself ensnared in the gripping drama of the Fine Arts Organization's prestigious art exhibit. The canvas before her wasn't merely a battleground; it was a race against the relentless ticking clock, conspiring against her meticulous brushwork.

As the competition unfurled, Murtle's anxiety surged. The two-hour time limit loomed like a fleeting whisper in the expansive world of artistic creation. The stakes were sky-high; the prize money stood as her lifeline, a crucial means to settle her looming tuition balance. Her formidable opponent, Penelope, notorious for her bullying antics, aspired to be the unrivaled star of the campus.

Immersed in their canvases, participants navigated the intense struggle. Murtle, caught between the relentless tick-tock of time and her pursuit of perfection, faced the added challenge of Penelope's taunts. Penelope, seizing the moment, aimed to shatter Murtle's spirit with relentless mockery.

Amidst the adversity, Murtle's steadfast ally, Angelica, emerged as a source of unwavering support. Kindling the flames of determination within Murtle, Angelica became the guiding light. The two hours dwindled, and Murtle, dissatisfied with her perceived simplicity, reluctantly submitted her creation.

The moment of reckoning arrived with the announcement of winners. Against all odds, Murtle stood as the crowned champion of the art exhibit competition. Tears of triumph streamed down her face as she embraced Angelica, the one who saw past the superficial constraints of time.

Upon reflection, Murtle unearthed the realization that her seemingly "slow" pace was, in reality, a blessing in disguise. Her patient, meticulous nature allowed her to infuse her artwork with unique details and unparalleled creativity. Ultimately, it wasn't the swift strokes but the profound depth of her artistic soul that secured her victory.

Murtle's journey serves as a testament to the triumph of perseverance and the breathtaking beauty that unfolds when one fully embraces their unique pace, transforming what might appear as a limitation into a canvas bursting with boundless possibilities.

The End