|55| Sad Reality of Life

Sad Reality of Life
by Joshiel B. Orozco

Aashvi had little money. Her father worked in construction, while her mother did laundry at people's homes. Her parents' meager earnings meant that poverty was a permanent feature of their home. 

She was 15 years old, and her younger sister was 4 years old. Her parents instructed her to go begging on the streets because there was a severe lack of money. Every day at 6 o'clock when her mother got home, they told her to go and return at 10 o'clock. She'll keep her sister at home. She was hesitant at first to go and beg, but she was forced to accept after her father beat her with a hanger. 

Her first day had arrived.  In front of a hotel, she stood on the street asking passersby for donations so she could buy food. But nobody came to her aid. 

Then, at nine o'clock in the evening, a man emerged from the hotel and addressed her, "Girl, I have some food and money for you in my car." Choose the dish of your choosing and join me.

Aashvi was driven to her car, where he had her sit down. He asked her to take off her clothes as soon as she sat and then promptly shut the car doors.

She said, "I want to go out."

He answered, "Not just now," and moved her to the back seat of the vehicle. Anyone outside was unable to observe what was happening inside the car due to its dark black mirrors.

They were both now seated in the backseat. She was raped after he forcibly took off all of her clothing. She sobbed a lot because she was in pain during their sexual encounter. He finished and then let her leave. He gave her a thousand dollars and informed her that he frequently stays at this hotel before she departed. He will always compensate her if she rides in the car with him.

Aashvi told her parents about it when she got home. They stated He gave you some cash. All we want is this. Let someone touch you if they want to. However, be sure to be compensated. You are under stress since you are new. Don't worry after you get used to it, touching you won't make you feel uncomfortable. Just concentrate on the cash. We require that.

She made the decision to take alternative roads the following day rather than the hotel road. She then moved to a different location. Her first week was uneventful and she wasn't bothered by anyone.

On Friday night of the second week, an elderly man riding a motorcycle passed by her. He stated:

I'll take you home if you'll sit down with me. If you will sleep with me, I will offer you a lot of money.Aashvi continued to be silent as she moved forward. The elderly man went after her. The man accelerated the bike as she started to run. To get to the opposite side, she was about to cross the street. However, a large truck arrived, and she collided with it. When the driver went outside to check on her, she had already passed away.  After a few minutes, an ambulance arrived, and her dead body was taken to the hospital.

The End