|153| Diamond

Diamond
by Carla Ellaine R. Carada

In a faraway land of Paris, there was a girl named Love. Love is a beautiful young girl, sweet as sugar. She loves to bake her lovely cookies every morning, and others may say that her cookies were as sweet as she is. On the other hand, there's Hate, a young boy who always does bad things because it makes him look cool as a cucumber. He constantly annoys other people as he traverses the city of Paris, and everyone passing by is irritated just seeing his face. But one day, as Hate goes through the city, he passes by Love's house, and he suddenly stops as he smells the sweet aroma coming from her place. Typical of Hate, he decides to go to Love's house to get some cookies and annoy her.

As soon as Hate opens the door, he sees the young lady, and his heart beats slowly as he notices Love's eyes sparkling like a diamond. "Your eyes are the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen," these were the only words that came from Hate's mouth, leaving Love's cheeks as red as a rose. They realize they've fallen in love within the first seconds of seeing each other's eyes. Every morning, as Love bakes her cookies, Hate is the first person to taste them, and they continue to get to know each other without realizing they've already fallen for each other as deep as an ocean.

The End