|107| "What Happens when Sunlight Rays Collide?"

What Happens when Sunlight Rays Collide?

by Ma. Alyzze Verna C. Kalaw

What happens when sunlight rays collide? Would it throw them into disarray? Or would that lead to something as lovely as the daisies in the field?

It sounds really cliché hearing a story of two characters. One who has a very pleasing personality, while the other one doesn't.

So why not give it a twist, and make two rays of sunshine meet?

Shion, a 19-year old student from Decelis Academy, Korea Branch always wanted to be an idol. Not the typical one who would perform various songs on stage, but an idol who would surely leave a good impact among his supporters. Well, what I meant is - aren't all the aspiring idols like that? What makes him different from the rest?

For him, it's his vision. To view the idol industry in such a way that people will not see it as a competition, but rather as an avenue for better futures for everyone who is on the same path as him. It's endearing that he's not only concerned with himself, but also with ensuring that everyone is included. He doesn't want people to have negative thoughts about him again. Making this dream a reality isn't exactly easy; after all, there's no easy way out of everything.

So he persuaded his family to enroll him in a school where his skills would be honed and, of course, camaraderie would be developed - Decelis.

Shion undoubtedly learned a lot about the industry at this institution. Each of them is required to attend several trainings about dancing and singing, what to do in uncomfortable situations, and even how to make facial expressions while performing.

Not only that, but Decelis Academy ensures that they are producing quality students who excel academically. And he appears to be one of the "stellar" students, ranking third. The first two runner ups are his friends, Jungwon taking the second spot and Jay, ranking the highest.

And this where things get interesting. Akiri, a 17-year old self taught artist is always at the streets of Japan. Don't get the wrong idea, alright? He just like spending his free time after school doing some art for people. Not only does he enjoy doing it, but he's actually making money from it too. Akiri is already bored at his hometown in Japan.

Walking on the streets of Japan bore him already and he already wants to move into a new place. What he meant by that is to go to Korea - and enjoy his youthful days.

He had to work hard to persuade his parents to let him stay for a while, but who can resist his charm? One of the few things Akiri told his parents was that he wanted to study art there, which is correct. But he didn't say what kind of art he wanted to try. All his parents knew was that he wanted to express himself by painting across the streets.

Akiri is well-known for his artistic hands, whatever you tell him, he can draw instantly. But he had a different talent, he could dance. He was able to express himself on a larger scale as a result of this. Everyone enjoys it when he puts on fiery performances. It took Akiri long enough to find a school where to stay, and thankfully, he found Decelis.

Akiri was already required to attend classes a week after his arrival in Korea. But he's in a pickle. He has no idea where to look for his room.

Everyone is already looking for something or talking to someone, and he's standing in the middle of nowhere.

"Hey! Do you need help?" someone asked, startling him. But if it hadn't been for that boy, Akiri would still be lost in the crowd. Also, to his surprise, the person who assisted him is a classmate named Shion.

Days, weeks, months gone by, and all that everyone can say is that they're like match made in heaven. There are a lot of things that they share in common, but there were things that they don't really get along, and that's fine. Shion and Akiri loved each other's company so much that both of them decided to audition for the next global popstars.

It was all worth it, that's what both of them can say at least. Even with all the bumpy roads that they gone through, they still managed to make it as far as where they are right now. The two rays of sunshine became stars, too. Not only in the night sky, but in the hearts of all the supporters, too.

The End