|111| "The Frog and the Siblings"

The Frog and the Siblings

by Ariane Alcantara

In the city of Incheon, there live two siblings, Aera, a girl, and Duri, a boy. Their parents died when they were kids, so they live with their grandparents now. But still, it taught them good manners. Aera is hardworking, kind, generous, and never lies; Duri is the opposite. Duri is a selfish, lazy brother who always lies and relies solely on his sister for everything.

One day Aera was ordered to buy a kilo of fish at the market, but she was doing laundry, so she said that Duri should buy it. Duri rushed out of the house to Incheon Market. On his way to the market, he saw a seller of delicious tteokbokki and odeng korean foods. He immediately gone to the store, and when he saw the price, he looked at the money that was for buying fish, and he thought carefully about how he could buy tteokbokki and odeng. Instead of buying one kilo of fish, he told himself to buy half a kilo. He went to the market, where Duri saw an old woman selling fresh fish.

The old woman's name was Chin-Sun, she was old and her eyes were blurry. Duri thought that if he bought it there, he would be able to forgive him cheaply because she was old and surely She could flatter her easily. He began to buy fish and his taught was forgive. the old woman immediately reciprocated when he reached his payment.

Another group bought while he was counting the change. Duri counted the change and discovered that it was excessive. Later, Chin-Sun asked Duri if she had changed it yet, and Duri responded without hesitation that he had not. That's why the old lady hands him his change right away. Duri is overjoyed because he now has a lot of money and can buy whatever food he wants.

While he was walking towards the tteokbokki and odeng shop, the old woman Chin-Sun suddenly appeared in front of him. He was surprised because the old woman's appearance changed, she became a fairy. Duri was speechless in surprise.

Chin-Sun said, "I'm a fairy; I'm just testing the children who buy me, but you're a liar and a cheater, and because of what you did, I'll teach you a lesson."

Suddenly there was smoke around, and there was a sound like a frog: "kokak, kokak!" The former child, Duri, turns into a frog. Duri snorted coke, and he screamed to return him to the way he was before, but the old woman only said, "I will only return you to the way you were before if you learn the lesson and if you will be honest."

Duri jumped back to their house. He saw his sister and immediately jumped toward her. When Aera saw her, she jumped in fear and immediately chased the frog away. Duri has spoken, Kokak! Stupid! It's me, sister, help me. Only Aera understands him. Aera can't believe what happened to her brother.

Duri told his sister the truth, and he also promised that he would change and would not lie or deceive people again. So they went to the market and looked for the old woman Chin-Sun, but they could not find her.

During their walk, Duri saw his fellow frog. It was struggling to get out of a ditch. it seemed to be stuck. He immediately came here, and Aera followed him. When the frog saw them, it immediately shouted and said, "Help me!" "I'm stuck in the canal." The siblings immediately helped. Duri grabbed the frog's hand and slowly lifted it into the canal, while Aera also grabbed half of the frog's body to get it out. The frog is out of the ditch, and it's safe. It suddenly transformed into a fairy. It turned out to be Chin-Sun. Chin-Sun told Duri, "I see that you are changing, and you have learned to help people, but make sure you don't lie anymore." I will bring you back to your old self.

Duri has returned to his old self. They went to buy delicious tteokbokki and odeng. They happily gave it to each other and ate it. Since then, Duri has not been a liar and lazy, he had changed, and he will always tell the truth. He also helps his sister and other people.

The End