|29| When We Meet Again

When We Meet Again
by Kathleen C. Montalbo

The chilling midnight air enveloped Washingji's thoughts as he contemplated a stroll along the Great Wall of China. Opting for an early morning escapade to savor the tranquility, he anticipated solitude, but fate had a different plan. Unexpectedly, he stumbled upon a distressed soul, a woman named Keisha, whose desperate screams echoed through the quiet night.

Moved by compassion, Washingji rushed to her side, discovering the depth of her grief over the recent loss of her beloved parents. The connection forged that night led Washingji to invite Keisha into the warmth of his home, extending solace during her darkest hours.

In the ensuing days and nights, Washingji found himself dreaming of Keisha, prompting a decision to visit her. However, a familial crisis disrupted his plans, revealing financial troubles in their family business. While aware of a solution, Washingji faced the daunting prospect of an arranged marriage with Cheenee, the daughter of their business partner.

Despite his deep feelings for Keisha, Washingji reluctantly agreed to the arranged marriage, compelled by his mother's tearful pleas. The once vibrant connection with Keisha was severed, and Washingji, now wed to Cheenee, continued to build a successful business empire. Yet, his heart remained unsatisfied, yearning for the lost connection with Keisha.

A chance encounter with Keisha's husband, Kenjie, revealed the painful truth, and Washingji's heartache reached new depths. Returning to the site of their initial meeting, he openly wept, unmindful of the onlookers.

Tragedy struck when Cheenee, pregnant with their child, unexpectedly passed away during childbirth. In his grief, Washingji encountered Keisha once more, and their souls recognized a profound connection. Their embrace conveyed a sense of longing, as if they had forgotten the boundaries of marriage.

United by loss, Washingji and Keisha made a pact to remain together, ready to forge a genuine and unconditional love. Despite past mistakes, Washingji sought forgiveness, and Keisha, understanding the complexities of fate, chose to rebuild their lives together. Remarrying and embracing parenthood, they found solace in each other, marking the beginning of a new chapter.

The End