|143| The River's Love for the Rain

The River's Love for the Rain
by Julyannah A. Emralino

In the intricate dance between Rain and River, a symphony of emotions unfolded. The River cherished the tender droplets of love that Rain bestowed, finding solace in the cool shade during scorching days, and completing a beautiful harmony that echoed across the Sea Shore. Without Rain, the River might never have existed.

Yet, Rain harbored fears—fears of being overwhelming and fears of inadequacy. Before encountering the River at the Sea Shore, Rain bore the scars of past wounds and was hesitant to let someone else in. While the River had the power to grant Rain's deepest desires, the Rain, out of respect, chose not to exploit that kindness. The River, in Rain's eyes, deserved better.

One fateful night, the River bared its heart to the Rain. "I'm in love with you," the River confessed. Terrified, Rain fled from the River's revelation, whispering, "I'm not ready" as they vanished into the darkness.

Weeks passed, and the River wept. Its waters surged more violently onto the land. The Sand, the River's confidant, grew frustrated. "This isn't you! Snap out of it!" the Sand yelled. But the River remained ensnared by heartache, refusing to heed the call of reason.

Every day, the River stood at the Sea Shore, yearning for the return of the Rain. Even when the Rain's distant clouds teased the horizon, the River waited, weathering the relentless ache.

Then, on a sunlit morning, the River, struggling in the heat, felt an abrupt relief. A colossal shadow cast its protective embrace over the River. Over time, the River had managed to mend the fractures in its heart, moving past the intense feelings for Rain. However, a whisper of curiosity lingered, prompting the River to ponder, "Perhaps there's more to our story waiting to unfold."

The End