|156| Phone Call

Phone Call
By  Claudia Ysabel Corcuera Bitancor

In the halfway of the road, I am standing next to the telephone stand that is standing right next to me. I'm Chad, and I am talking to someone behind the phone. Her name is Amelia, she has a wonderful voice; a beautiful accent and we talk a lot everyday since I got a time to go back in this phone stand everyday.

I get excited to meet her, because of so long that we've been talking to the phone. I am excited to finally meet her in person so I asked her "Can we see each other tonight? since we've been talking for a long time and I want to finally meet you and talk to you in person" I said and she suddenly hangs up the phone. She doesn't even say a word. I've wait for a minutes think that she can call me back, but tine has passed by almost 5 hours so I decided to drive home.

While I was driving the radio keeps on static state and a voice came up to radio with a static noise calling my name. I get so shock so I slow down the car. I look outside and I saw a girl standing in the side of the bridge where I stopped by. She give me a look that scares me so I rushed up hitting the car key and start the car and drive.

I went home. I go to shower and takes a bath. In the room where I standing, wearing a clothes my phone suddenly rang out of no where. I'd answer the phone "Hello? who's this? Hello?!" I hangs up the phone and go back to my drawer to finish wearing my clothes and suddenly the phones keep ringing for the second time. I didn't answer the phone. It keeps ringing and ringing so I decided to pick it up "Hello!" i said. "Hello Chad this is Amelia". I got my eyes open and stuck up where I'm standing. It scares me because Amelia has died 7 years ago in a bridge where I accidentally hit her.

She keeps calling me to the phone, but I didn't answer it, when the phone becomes silent, I picked it and suddenly a message pop up, with unknown number saying " You abandoned me, pay for it".

With so much fear, I threw the phone, and run away. I thought if I don't have the phone my life would be peaceful but every time I went home, the phone is there and keeps messaging and calling me. It gives me pain every night and everywhere. The phone rings again and I answered it " Stop it" with my voice trembling with fear. "You said, you love me but what have you done, you killed me!" said Amelia, and the call hangs up.

I am so guilty that I did killed her, the girl I loved the most. I know that all the years have passed, I was being selfish and thinking for my own sake, I don't know that I give Amelia, so much pain. I wanted to say sorry but the phone have died and won't open. So, I turn myself to the police and told that I killed Amelia.

I was drunk that day, and seems so high, I was driving my car on the way home, and lost control. I was trying to hold the car not to hit Amelia standing at the bridge. Out of fear, I suddenly get into my righteous mind and saw Amelia cover with her own blood. I went back inside my car and start it to runs away, before anyone sees that I accidentally hit her. No one knows the incident that took 7 years ago, I kept it to myself for my own sake.

We have a little argument on the day before she died. She is my girlfriend we love each other so much, we're always have time for each other. She is smart and caring women. I met her at the bridge standing there and I was captured by her beautiful smiles. I went there everyday, to see Amelia to know personality. Time goes by, I wanted to express my feelings to her, and suddenly confess my intentions that I want her to be my girlfriend and she said 'yes'. 

The End