|72| Chance to Change

Chance to Change
by Kier Joshwin Formales

Once upon a time, in the beautiful land of Kyoto, Japan, there existed a portal known as the Shrine of Itsukushima, providing access to both Nazarick and the realm of gods.

Nobunaga, the god of war, entrusted his son Akuma with a mission to investigate the human world and gather crucial information for an impending invasion. Following his father's command, Akuma traversed the portal located at the Shrine of Itsukushima.

During Akuma's time in the human world, he became enchanted by the beauty of a mortal named Miyuki. Unbeknownst to him, Miyuki lured him into a forest and revealed herself. Questioning his intentions, she asked, "Who are you, and why are you following me?"

Akuma apologized, expressing his admiration for Miyuki's beauty. He introduced himself as Akuma from Nazarick. Miyuki, a resident of the forest, felt a sense of unease upon learning Akuma's divine lineage and the impending invasion.

After numerous conversations, Akuma decided to defy his father's orders and proposed to Miyuki. To make this possible, he resolved to confront his father and convince him to spare the human world.

Returning to Nazarick, Akuma confronted his father, Nobunaga, and shared his decision. Nobunaga, angered by his son's defiance, agreed to consider Akuma's request on the condition that he completed a series of challenging tests.

Nobunaga summoned a hundred yokai and commanded Akuma to defeat them. After a fierce battle showcasing magical prowess and swordsmanship, Akuma emerged victorious.

For the final test, Nobunaga asked Akuma if he was willing to relinquish his powers, renounce his title as a prince of Nazarick, and become mortal to pursue his desires. Without hesitation, Akuma replied, "Yes, I will."

Impressed by his son's dedication, Nobunaga agreed to the terms. He shared a secret with Akuma, revealing that his mother, Nohime, was also once a mortal. Nohime had transformed Nobunaga from a notorious destroyer into a compassionate being.

As time passed, Akuma and Miyuki built a life together in Nazarick, living happily and safely.

The End