|132| Undying Love

Undying Love

by Maricar Ancaja

Jennie Kim is popular in her class at Brent International School. She is one of the wealthiest and most beautiful people there, but she suffers from a heart condition, and she only has six months to fulfill her wishes before she must undergo an operation that could result in her death. Kim Joon, Jennie Kim's boyfriend, has been in love with Jennie for a very long time, but he hasn't expressed his feelings because Jennie is conceited and chilly when he is with her due to their relationship being planned solely at Jennie's request. Lalisa is aware that Kim Joon is in love with her best friend, but she keeps this information from Jennie since she also likes Kim Joon.

Even though Jennie is trying to make Kim Joon like her, she is still disappointed. Kim Joon didn't tell her that he loves Jennie because he is afraid to tell her that he loves her since he knows Jennie is wealthy.

Jennie only has a month before her surgery, so she invites Kim Joon to camp in her favorite location where they can watch the sunset. Kim Joon plans to tell Jennie that he is in love with her, but Jennie is acting childishly and wants to break up with him. But then Jennie reveals that it was just a prank, and Kim Joon is furious with Jennie for being so immature.

Jennie gets sad because Kim Joon didn't show up after they went to her favorite place; she knows that Kim Joon is upset. Jennie has three days left before her surgery, and her heart is heavy. Jennie wants to talk to Kim Joon, but she realizes that Kim Joon seems not to care for her because she knows that Kim Joon was forced into the relationship due to her parents' wishes; she didn't bother to tell him about her disease.

The day that Jennie needs to have surgery, knowing that Kim Joon has no feelings for her, she tells her best friend that she will break up with him because she doesn't want to hurt Kim Joon in the long term. When the surgery begins, Lalisa wonders if she should tell Kim Joon. Thinking she loved her best friend, she tells him that Jennie had surgery and that he was unaware of Jennie's condition. Also, Jennie knows that her best friend is in love with her boyfriend, and she chooses to make her best friend happy.

Jennie tells herself before her surgery that she is so in love with Kim Joon, and her love is undying, and no one can replace it. "Until we meet again, Kim Joon, goodbye for now," says Jennie before she goes into surgery.

 "Until we meet again, Kim Joon, goodbye for now," says Jennie before she goes into surgery

Jennie was dead when Kim Joon arrived at the hospital. When he arrived, Kim Joon was depressed, and Lalisa asked Kim Joon, "Why didn't you say that you loved her too?" Kim Joon cried because of his decision; he lost his girlfriend.

The end