|110| "The Heart Wants What it Wants"

The Heart Wants What it Wants

by Marjorie Reynoso

After a year recovering from a tragic car accident and now experiencing amnesia, Aurora Clemente has been living her life to the fullest and creating new memories.

One night, she decided to wander around her neighborhood. As she walks by, she began to experience headaches that's why she immediately go home and tried to sleep. This incident have caused her to dream of a familiar person.

When the morning came, she found herself crying and uttering the name 'Akihiro". This made her feel confused because who was even this guy? Is he someone from her past that she have forgotten? Tons of questions have filled her mind. Aurora wanted to ask her parents but they did not answered her and brushed off the topic.

After that day, she began to dreamt of him everyday. From being a sweet dream and turned into a nightmare. She became very confused and hurt at the same time.

Days passed by, Aurora tried so hard to shrugged off this topic. She began to do some sort of things to distract her from this such as having a date with her lover, Katsumi Tizon. They are driving around their town for their picnic date as she experienced a series of headaches. She just ignored it at first but when they stopped at the place where they will have their picnic, her headaches started to get worse.

As she walks behind Katsumi, she feels like she is seeing another person. Suddenly, she called him Akihiro. Katsumi surprisingly looks at her behind and Aurora collapses to the ground. Katsumi panics and drives her to the nearest hospital. He is still in the state of shock when she called him Akihiro.

Minutes later, Aurora's parents arrived at the hospital and Katsumi tells them that her memories of Akihiro are coming back. When Aurora was conscious, she asks Katsumi and her parents about the guy she always dreamt about, Akihiro, and they told her everything that she was her boyfriend and they got into an accident. Her memories of the accident and their shared memories are flooding in, she didn't know what to do. They left her alone but Katsumi stayed for a while and gives her a blood stained letter.

She looks at him and Katsumi just smiles at her and leaves her room. She opened the letter and it was a letter from Akihiro. After reading the letter, she just looks in her window and says "I know you did not promise me forever but I want you to be my forever, Akihiro. "

The End