|139| The Anxious and Nervous Rabbit

The Anxious and Nervous Rabbit
by Jorenz Vince F. Gomez

Once, there was a rabbit named Vin, a likable creature adored by most animals he encountered. With his wits, he easily won the hearts of many, earning him the title of the socially awkward social butterfly. Despite being the dream of many, he had never experienced liking someone romantically. He spent most of his time alone or with his close friends, struggling with the concept of romantic feelings.

That changed when a new animal arrived in town. During the fall, a duck named Rob settled into their community. Rob was a quiet individual, rarely smiling but always friendly. When Vin saw Rob, something struck him—something he had never felt before. Vin, along with his friends, approached Rob to befriend him, but Vin found himself too lost in his thoughts to say anything.

Upon returning home, Vin realized that he liked Rob. Anxiety and nervousness overwhelmed him whenever Rob was around. Despite his feelings, Vin mustered the courage to send secret gifts to Rob. Confessing his feelings proved challenging, as fear consumed Vin. Everything felt intimidating because it was a new experience for him; he had never felt this way before and feared the unknown.

Rob gladly accepted every gift Vin sent, much to Vin's delight. As time passed, Vin's anxiety grew because he couldn't predict where this was heading. Unbeknownst to him, Rob had already caught on to Vin's feelings. Vin wasn't as discreet as he thought.

One day, Rob asked Vin if he was the one sending gifts. Surprised, Vin admitted his actions, apologized, and explained his feelings. Rob, understanding and appreciative, confessed that it was his first time receiving gifts like that. However, he couldn't reciprocate Vin's feelings but genuinely wished to be friends.

Vin felt a mix of disappointment and relief. Although he didn't get what he wanted romantically, he gained a friend for life. Vin understood that, sooner or later, someone else might come along.

The End