|102| "The Oak Tree"

The Oak Tree

by Kathleen Joyce Badong

There once was a girl named Summer who had a strong love for the oak tree outside their house. She likes to hang out under its shade because there is a peaceful and nice breeze. Several times she glimpsed the oak tree smiling at her every time she went there after school.

One time, she went there and tried to talk to him. "Oak tree, are you there? I know you watch me every time I come here. Can you show yourself to me?" To Summer's shock, the oak tree's eyes suddenly opened, along with a smile of greeting.

One of its branches suddenly reached out to her and hugged her while the oak tree smiled from ear to ear and said, "Thank you, Summer. I will never forget what you did for me". "Thank you for what?" Summer asks. "Do you remember the time when woodcutters went here for me? While tears were streaming down your eyes, you stopped the woodcutters from cutting my trunk. If it wasn't for you, I might have been taken down a long time ago.

Ever since then, I am very much grateful for your visit." Says the oak tree. Tears filled Summer's eyes because of what the oak tree said. She hugged its branches back and promised that she would never let anyone destroy the beauty of this tree.

The End