Chapter 8: Bad Dreams/ Meeting Chase's Parents.

A/N: This chapter has mentions of domestic abuse and rape so if either one is a trigger warning for you I wouldn't read!     

Chase's POV

Not long after  falling  asleep Chase woke feeling Jossalyn thrashing beside him.

"No please, no." Jossalyn wails out.

"Jossalyn baby wake up." Chase says softly lightly touching her arm.

"No Kris please, I'm sorry.   Please don't hurt me." Jossalyn cries out.

She flinched in her sleep like she was hit.   She cried out tears rolling down her cheeks.   She kept flinching like she was being beat.

"Ow Kris, your hurting me.    Please stop.   I'm sorry." Jossalyn cries.

Chase kept trying to wake her.   

"Oh god." Jossalyn screams out.

She opens her eyes gasping for air. 

"Shhh baby, I got you." Chase says softly, soothingly as not to scare her.

"Oh  it wasn't real, oh god Chase I am sorry." Jossalyn says starting to cry.

"Hey baby girl, don't cry please.   It's okay it was just a dream.   You are safe." Chase says sitting up with her.  

Jossalyn wraps herself around him shaking as terrified as she was.    Chase wraps his arms around her holding her.    He rubbed her back.     Jossalyn finally stopped shaking so he lays back with her settling her on his chest.    He kisses her head running his fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry Chase." Jossalyn says softly.

"For what?" Chase asks.

"Freaking out like that." Jossalyn says.

"You had a nightmare baby.    It's okay.   But do you want to talk about it?" Chase asks.

"Seeing Kris today just bought it all back.   It scared me." Jossalyn says.

"I know.   I am sorry he put you through that.   You didn't deserve it." Chase says.

Jossalyn pulls back looking up at him.  

"He almost killed me multiple times.    Beat me so bad I was inches away from dying.    He killed our baby." Jossalyn says.

"Oh god Joss I am sorry." Chase says.

"Every time something bad happened during a game he would come home and take it out on me.    He would either beat me till I was almost unconscious or he would rape me.    Sometimes both." Jossalyn says.

"Oh Joss baby." Chase says.

"Yes it's possible to be married to someone, have kids with them and they still can rape you.     The last beating before I got out, he thought I cheated on him and the baby I was carrying was his teammates and not his.    I should have never told him but stupid ass me thought it would fix it and he would stop.      He kept punching me in the stomach over and over.   He wouldn't stop until I was in the fetal position and almost unconscious.    He wouldn't even let me get medical attention.     But when he left for the road trip I got out and moved to Charlotte and never looked back.    I got treated and thankfully it didn't do any real damage." Jossalyn says.