Chapter 11: Bad Dreams and Job Interviews

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

Oh they tried to make a baby alright. They had various romps in between the sheets until they both collapsed with exhaustion.

"Can you get me an extra pillow?" Jossalyn asks Chase.

"Sure baby, but why?" Chase asks.

"If you prop your legs up after sex it is supposed to help conception happen." Jossalyn replies.

"Well then by all means prop those legs up." Chase says.

He got her two pillows and helped to make sure she was comfortable.

"Thanks. We better get some sleep. I know the kids will be up early and full of energy." Jossalyn says.

"Yes and I have a surprise for you." Chase says.

"Okay." Jossalyn replies smiling.

That was when the door opened slowly.

"Mama." Josh says is a whisper.

"Yes baby." Jossalyn replies.

"I had another bad dream. Can I sleep with you and Chase?" Josh says.

He slowly walked into the bedroom. Jossalyn was thankful that they both put some clothes on after all the love they made.

"Sure baby." Jossalyn says.

"Come here bud." Chase says to Josh.

Josh goes over to him and Chase scoops him up putting him on the bed.

"What happened bud?" Jossalyn asks.

"I had a dream that daddy came and took you from us. He beat you so badly that you died." Josh says.

"Hey buddy, I promise you that your dad is never going to hurt your mom or you and your sister again okay." Chase says.

"You promise?" Josh asks.

"I promise. One day when the time is right I am going to ask your mom to marry me, and then I will ask you and Melissa to be mine." Chase says.

"Really?" Josh asks with a little excitement in his voice.

"Really buddy. I fell in love with your mother the first time I laid my eyes on her. We locked eyes and she like put me under a spell." Chase replies.

Josh chuckles.

" Daddy always accused her or being a witch." Josh says.

"Actually honey it was a witch with a b instead of a W and it wasn't a compliment." Jossalyn says.

"Well if your mama is a witch then there is no greater witch then her. I mean that as a compliment." Chase says.

Josh seemed to calm down from his nightmare the more Chase talked to him.