Chapter 104: All Star Heat Race

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

The next morning Jossalyn woke up tangled up with Chase.

"Good morning baby." Chase says kissing her shoulder.

"Good morning. We slept in." Jossalyn says.

"I know. I didn't have anywhere to be until later this afternoon, figured we could use the sleep since its going to be two late nights back to back." Chase says.

"Yeah I know. Did mom send you the pictures too?" Jossalyn asks.

"Of?" Chase asks.

"The kids. Apparently they had a camp fire going and roasted hot dogs and made smores." Jossalyn says.

"Oh yeah I did get those. I love the one with Melissa and the marshmallow all over her face." Chase says.

"I know me too. I am glad she is having good time." Jossalyn says.

"Me too. Maybe during the week once things settle down we can take them to camping at one of the Jellystone parks." Chase says.

"Oh that sounds like it would be fun. I am sure that Melissa and Josh would love that." Jossalyn says.

"Maybe we can talk Gi and Ry into going too." Chase says.

They both get up and get dressed. They then get the dogs situated and head down to the NAPA tent. They got a plate of food and sat down and ate. Chase mingled around. He then went and did the few other things he had to do.

Finally they head down to the track and Chase goes to change and get ready for the race. They head down to the track. Jossalyn's mom and siblings met them down there. Chase took both of the kids to driver intros.  

"He is so good to them.   I am so glad you met Chase and started a new life." Evelyn says.

"Me too mom.   I am glad I got out, got the kids out.    Some don't and it's so damn sad." Jossalyn says.

"I know it is.   I was so worried about you.   Everyday I was afraid to look at the paper but I did.   Praying I didn't see your obituary inside." Evelyn replies.

Jossalyn hugged her mom tightly. 

"Everything okay?" Chase asks as he walks into the stall from the truck.

"Yes it is.    Just thankful." Evelyn says.

"Mama." Melissa says running to her.

She wraps her little arms around her waist laying her head on her little belly.

"I love you princess." Jossalyn says.

"Love you more mama."  Melissa says.

Chase picks her up and holds her.   Jossalyn took her spot next to Chase.    Josh was standing with his grandma, aunt and uncles.     Chase slinks his free arm around her waist gently pulling her closer to him.