Chapter 39: Sick Day

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

The next morning Jossalyn woke up not feeling Chase beside her. That was when she noticed that his side of the bed hadn't been slept in. Jossalyn gets up and throws on her robe. She heads out and checks the recliner. He wasn't there. That was when she saw Melissa's bedroom door ajar. She walked over and peeked inside. Sure enough that is where Chase was. Melissa was curled up beside him with her arm protectively over his chest and Chase had his head leaned down against hers.

   Melissa was curled up beside him with her arm protectively over his chest and Chase had his head leaned down against hers

"Oh be still my heart." Jossalyn says.

She walked in and went to cover them up.

"Baby?" Chase says softly.

"Its me baby. Shh go back to sleep." Jossalyn says.

"Melissa was still awake so I came in to read her a story. Ended up singing to her instead and she fell asleep. I guess I did too." Chase says.

"Its okay baby. But are you comfortable?" Jossalyn asks.

"Actually I am." Chase replies.

That was when Melissa woke up.

"Mama, Case, feel bad." Melissa says.

She then proceeded to throw up.

"Oh no." Jossalyn says.

She leapt into action. She got Melissa into the bathroom so she could use the toilet. Chase got up, thankfully none got on him. But he did help her get the sheets off the bed and into the washing machine to wash. Jossalyn made Melissa's bed with fresh sheets.

"Mama!" Melissa cries out from the bathroom.

"What's wrong baby girl?" Melissa asks walking into the bathroom.

"I feel like poo." Melissa says.

Jossalyn felt her head and she was burning up. She went to pick her up to carry her back to bed.

"No I got her." Chase says.

"Chase be careful please." Jossalyn says.

"I will, I don't want you carrying anything over 10/15 pounds." Chase says.