Chapter 62: Jossalyn's Truth

A/N:  This chapter contains mentions of Abuse, physcial, mental and sexual

A/N: This chapter contains mentions of Abuse, physcial, mental and sexual. It also mentions rape and other domestic violence things. If this is a trigger for you I would suggest not to read any further.

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn and Chase woke up when the alarm went off.

"Good morning baby." Chase says kissing her softly.

"Good morning." Jossalyn says.

"Look I know today is going to be hard but you go up there and tell your truth." Chase says.

"I know. I don't want my kids to hear what he did to me." Jossalyn says.

"I know its sad he is putting them through this." Chase replies.

"He don't care about the kids. If he did he wouldn't have beaten me, raped me etc. He signed over his rights yet now he wants to take the kids from me." Jossalyn says.

"I know. He is twisted. But remember you have me, you have my parents and you have Ryan and Gianna. We are all here for you." Chase says.

" I know." Jossalyn says.

They both got up and got dressed. They then go and get the kids dressed and ready as well. Finally they head downstairs. Bill and Cindy were there waiting. They all head out to the car. They then head to the courthouse. They arrive a bit later and park. Chase grabbed her hand squeezing it.

"You got this baby." Chase says.

"I know I can do this." Jossalyn says.

They head inside and were ushered into the courtroom. Jossalyn took her seat next to Dian her lawyer. Chase, his parents, Ryan and Gianna and the kids took their seats behind her. No sooner then they got there Kris showed up with his lawyer. The Judge entered and soon enough the hearing started. Both parties submitted their evidence and then it was time.

"You sure you want to do this?" Diane asks her.

"Yes its time I stood up to him and told my truth." Jossalyn says.

Diane nods her head. Chase squeezes her shoulders. Jossalyn took a deep breath she then heads up and takes a seat on the stand. They swear her in and she was now under oath.

"Jossalyn I want you to tell the court the hell you went through while married to your ex husband Kris." Diane says.

"Well when we first got together things were great. We were so in love but then after two years and having my son Joshua that is when the beatings started. Each one got worse. Kris would always apologize after and be so loving and then he would turn around and beat me to with an inch of my life. He raped me he killed our baby because I wouldn't get an abortion." Jossalyn says.

She had tears streaming down her face. She told them about the encounter in Vegas and then how her and Chase were shot at. Diane submitted the hospital records and police reports to back it all up. Finally she got off the stand. Jossalyn took her seat beside Diane. Chase leaned forward and laid his head on her shoulder.

"I am so proud of you baby. You are strong." Chase says kissing her neck.

The Judge made his decision. He granted Jossalyn full custody of Melissa and Joshua. Jossalyn stood and turned and huged Chase.

"Thank god." Jossalyn says.

"Its over now baby." Chase says.

"Mama no cry." Melissa who was being held by Ryan leans forward reaching for her.

"OH sweetie I love you and your borther so much." Jossalyn says.

"Why don't we go to Chuck E Cheese and celebrate." Ryan says.

"Yes you are free of that bastard." Gianna says.

"Yes baby.   I am so proud of you." Chase replies.

"Yes sweetie you were so strong getting up there and telling everyone what he put you through." Cindy says.

"Yes hopefully now you can begin to heal." Bill says.

"I hope so.   But I think Chase is helping with that." Jossalyn says.

Chase kisses her head.    They then head out of the courtroom.  

*******************

Chase's POV: 

They left the court house and drove to Chuck E Cheese.   

"Yay pizza and  games!" Josh says excitedly.

"Pizza." Melissa says.

"Yes sweetie we will get pizza and then you and your brother can play as many video games as you want." Jossalyn says.

They park and head inside.    Ryan and Gianna pay for the pizzas.    They got a few different kinds.    They sit around eating.

"Thanks for the pizza guys." Chase says to them.

"It's the least we can do." Ryan says.

They all devoured the pizza.  

"Can we go play some games now?" Josh asks.

"Sure let's go." Chase says.

Jossalyn was sitting at the table talking to Gianna and his mom.    They took the kids to play games.    Melissa wanted to play skee ball.    Chase tried to help her.

"Daddy no need Mama." Melissa says.

Bill was trying to help her while Chase went to get Jossalyn.

"Sorry to interrupt baby, but you are being summoned by your daughter to the skee ball machine." Chase says.

"Oh yes I am quite good at it." Jossalyn replies.

"And apparently I suck." Chase adds laughing.

They head over to the machine and sure enough Jossalyn was a pro at it.    

A little bit later once the kids cleaned house at the prize booth they finally head home.    Ryan and Gianna had to fly out to Bristol.    Chase and Jossalyn take the kids into the house and get them settled.     After dinner later on they played a few games with them.     It didn't take long for them to be out since they didn't have a nap.     Once they were both asleep Chase took the dogs out.  

Finally he goes into their bedroom.    Jossalyn had already changed and gotten into bed.   Chase stripped and joined her.

"Thank you for being there with me today." Jossalyn says.

"Always baby.   But you were bad ass.   I am so proud of you." Chase says kissing her shoulder.

"Thanks.   I am just glad it's over." Jossalyn replies.

"Me too." Chase says.

Chase and Jossalyn make love a few times before falling into a much needed sleep.