Chapter 129: Yellowstone Day 3

Chase's POV:

Chase's POV:

The next morning Chase and Jossalyn wake up when the alarm goes off.

"Good morning baby." Chase says.

"Good morning my love." Jossalyn says.

"We got a fun filled day planned out." Chase says.

"Good let's get it started." Jossalyn says.

They both get up and get dressed.   They then head downstairs.   Evelyn had made them breakfast so they sit down and eat together.   They then head out to start their day.   They start off  exploring the steaming geothermal features of Yellowstone's caldera.

They head that way.

"Did you know that Yellowstone National Park is actually an active supervolcano? As you walk around the park you may think: "I don't see any volcanos?!" That's because much of the entire park is a volcano – and the bubbling geysers and hot springs are an indication of the churning activity below the surface." Jossalyn reads.

"Yellowstone Supervolcano: The term "supervolcano" implies an eruption of magnitude 8 on the Volcano Explosivity Index, indicating an eruption of more than 1,000 cubic kilometers (250 cubic miles) of magma. Yellowstone has had at least three such eruptions: The three eruptions, 2.1 million years ago, 1.2 million years ago and 640,000 years ago, were about 6,000, 700 and 2,500 times larger than the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens in Washington State." Willow says.

"The last time the Yellowstone supervolcano erupted was 640,000+ years ago. The Yellowstone eruption area collapsed upon itself, creating a sunken giant crater or caldera 1,500 square miles in area. The magmatic heat powering that eruption (and two others, dating back 2.1 million years) still powers the park's famous geysers, hot springs, fumaroles, and mud pots." Gianna says.

"Wow how cool is that

"Wow how cool is that." Chase says.

"Pretty freaking awesome." Alex says.

"Yes it is." Ryan says.

"This park is full of just wow." Jossalyn says.

"I know right.   It's amazing to witness nature in all her glory." Willow says.