Chapter 77: Talladega

Jossalyn's POV: 

Jossalyn's POV: 

Waiting was killing her.     She was so thankful she had Chase and Ryan with her.     She stood up and paced the floor about a million times.

"Baby why don't you take a walk." Chase says coming up behind her.

"I can't I need to be here when she comes out of surgery.    She's three Chase three and a ruptured appendix." Jossalyn says.

"I know baby but it can happen.    Just think she got it removed and won't have to worry about it anymore.    She won't remember." Chase says kissing her forehead.

"But how much poison entered her system before we got her here Chase.    How did I her own mother not know she was in trouble." Jossalyn says.

"You did baby.   You knew something wasn't right and you got her down to me.    We got her down to the care center and then here." Chase says.

He pulls her close to him.    Ryan came over and joined them in a group hug.

"You are an amazing mom Jossalyn don't for a second doubt that.    Even after all you went through with Kris you put those kids first and got out.    You made their life better by doing that.    That's why Gianna and I both agreed that you and Chase would be god parents to our baby and heaven forbid if something happened to me or her, his or her parents." Ryan says.

"Really?" Jossalyn asks.

"Absolutely." Ryan says kissing her head.

"I am honored man." Chase says.

"Did you think I would ask anyone else?   You are my best friend and more importantly the brother I never had." Ryan says.

That was when the doctor came out.

"Jossalyn Elliott?" He calls out.

"Yes, that's me.   How is my daughter?" Jossalyn asks.

"She's one tough cookie let me tell you." He starts.

"Yup she gets that from her Mama." Chase says.

"Anyway she's out of surgery, in which she came through with flying colors.      You guys got her here in perfect time as none of the toxins were able to leak into her system.     We were able to remove it all.    She is in recovery,  she is still out of it but should be waking up soon.   You two can go back and see her.   Once she moves too PICU your other visitor will be able see her too." He finished.

"Thank you so much." Jossalyn says.

"Welcome.   Come with me I will take you back." He says.

"Lead the way doc.   Take us to our baby girl." Chase says.

They take them back.      Melissa woke up and was groggy and for once she wanted her mama.    Jossalyn laid with her and she curled up with her.     They moved her to her room and got her settled.     Ryan came and saw her.     He left and headed back to the track.       Jossalyn and Chase both settled in and laid with her.    It didn't take long for them to both be out.