Chapter 33: Recovery/Shots Fired

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn woke up the next morning because she couldn't get comfortable.    She opened her eyes and freaked out not knowing where she was.

"Shh baby it's okay.   You are safe." Chase says kissing her back as he rubbed it.

Jossalyn rolled over to face him.   

"Oh Chase." Jossalyn says hugging him.

She was sobbing she was so terrified.

"I got you Joss." Chase says holding her close.

"I am so scared.   Oh god Josh, Melissa.   He could have gotten to them." Jossalyn says going to get up.

Panic rising.

"Baby calm down, freaking out like this isn't good for you or the baby.    The kids are fine.   Mom and Dad have them and trust me he couldn't get to them if he tried.    My dad carries and he has good aim." Chase says.

"Chase he got to Esme to get to me I wouldn't put anything past him." Jossalyn replies.

"I am sorry about your friend baby.   But Kris is in jail.     And I don't think he can get away this time.    Like 20 plus people have come forward as witnesses as he choked you."Chase says.

"I am still kind of Leary." Jossalyn says.

"I am sorry I failed you when I left you alone to get food.    Trust me that will not happen again." Chase says.

"Oh Chase you didn't fail me." Jossalyn says snuggling closer to him.

"I love you so much.   He marred your beautiful skin." Chase says.

"My throat hurts still.    But I know he left bruises so it's gonna hurt for a bit." Jossalyn says.

That was when the nurse came in to draw blood and switch out her IV.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Like I got hit by a Mac truck." Jossalyn replies.

"Yeah you've been through a lot.    The doctor wants to keep you until tomorrow morning just to observe you." She replies.

"I am okay with that.   I want to make sure this baby is okay." Jossalyn says.

"We will.   Now you get some more sleep okay." The nurse says.

"I will try." Jossalyn replies.

"You are safe here.    I put a restricted visitor list in.  Only people on it our Bill and Cindy and Josh and Melissa.    Beside your husband who is here." She says.

"That is right.   Thank you." Jossalyn says.

The nurse leaves.    Jossalyn snuggled closer to Chase.    Chase kisses her head.