Chapter 23: Ready to Run

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

She got up ready to run. Chase gently grabs her arm pulling her back down.

"Baby please don't run. Remember you are not alone anymore. You hate me and my family. It's okay." Chase says.

"Chase he is here. He is in Dawsonville. He's going to hurt me." Jossalyn says.

Panic had set in.

"I will die before I let him touch you or Josh and Melissa." Chase says.

Jossalyn turned and looked at him. No one had ever offered themselves for her.

"Chase." Jossalyn says.

"I mean it Jossalyn. I love you, I love them and I would do anything to keep the three of you guys safe. But he won't get in our house and if he does Fletcher will rip his face off." Chase says.

"I don't want him to hurt them. Poor Blitz is a puppy." Jossalyn says.

"It's okay." Chase says.

He hit a button from his phone.

"Everything okay?" Bill and Cindy both ask walking over to them.

"Kris is here." Chase says.

"Oh god. Well you know your safe with us right." Bill says.

"Yes Chase nor Bill and I will let anything happen to you or the kids." Cindy says.

Chase was rubbing her back trying to soothe her.

"We can stay here as long as you want okay?" Chase asks.

"Okay. I don't know if I can go back to the house though." Jossalyn says.

"He's not there anymore baby. The police ran him off." Chase says.

"But he knows I am there. We are there." Jossalyn says.

"Well where do you want to go?" Chase asks.

"I don't know." Jossalyn says.

"We can go to Colorado." Chase says.

"Okay but we have to get the dogs and our stuff." Jossalyn says.

"We can baby. There is a police officer at her house watching so you will be safe." Chase replies.

"Okay." Jossalyn says.

"Actually you and the kids stay here and I'll go get the dogs and our stuff okay. I'll take my mom and then we can head to the airfield." Chase says.

"Okay." Jossalyn says taking a few deep breaths.

"You are safe here baby.    If he comes here asking for me or you they will protect us." Chase says kissing her head.

"Okay." Joselyn says.

Before leaving Chase moved them into the back.    Bill sits down with them.      The kids were unphased by it so that was good.    Jossalyn just hoped Chase came back soon.