Chapter 132: Devils Tower and Mount Rushmore

Jossalyn's POV:

Jossalyn's POV:

The next morning Jossalyn and Chase wake up when the alarm went off.

"Good morning baby. " Chase says.

"Where are we today?" Jossalyn asks.

"Devils Tower Wyoming.   We are about an hour and a half away from Mount Rushmore." Chase replies.

"Awesome. Who drove?" Jossalyn asks.

"Alex and Willow." Chase asks.

"They have become joined at the hip havent they." Jossalyn replies laughing.

"They have but Alex is head over heels about your sister." Chase says.

"I know and Willow is the same way.   She's like me and likes older men." Jossalyn says.

"I know I robbed the cradle didn't I?" Chase asks.

"No you didn't baby.   You are only five years older then me baby." Jossalyn says.

"I know I love you so much." Chase says.

"I love you too baby." Jossalyn says.

They get up and get dressed.    They then head downstairs.   Everyone meets down there.    Evelyn had made them breakfast.  They  sit down and eat their breakfast.    When they finished eating they cleaned up.   They then heaeded out to do their sole tour.      They arrive at Devils Tower ranch from there they all pick a horse or a pony.   

"More horses yes!" Gianna says so excited.

"I wanna horse." Melissa says.

"Maybe one day princess.   Maybe one day." Jossalyn says.

Chase got real quiet.    Jossalyn looked at him.

"Don't kill me." Chase says.

"You got her a horse Chase?   Really?" Jossalyn says in his ear.

"Yes." Chase says hesitantly.

"Chase." Jossalyn says.

"I got you both one.    Figured it was something you to could do together." Chase says.

Jossalyn wanted to yell at him but then she looked at his face and knew his intentions were pure and good.

"I love that you thought about that but next time talk to me first okay." Jossalyn say.

She kisses him softly.    They get on and head out on their tours of Devil's tower.    Melissa was riding with Chase and Jossalyn had Josh.    They start off taking the Tower Trail.    The most popular hike in the park is the paved, 1.3-mile Tower Trail.    It starts across the parking area from the Visitor Center.    A short, steep section leads to you a junction that you can take either way to  get around the base of the Tower.    The trail goes through ponderosa pine forest and the boulder field.    Interpretative signs explain some of the geology and ecology of Devils Tower National Monument.     They make little stops  along the path to enjoy views of the Tower and for the girls to get pictures.     As they  ride the Tower Trail, they  notice cloths or small bundles attached to the trees.   These are Native American prayer cloths, and represent the spiritual connection many tribes have with the Tower.    Please do not touch, disturb or remove these prayer cloths. Some consider it culturally insensitive to photograph these prayer cloths.   Next was   Red Beds Trail.    For those seeking a more traditional hiking experience, the 2.8-mile loop of the Red Beds Trail will offer great views of the Tower and surrounding Belle Fourche River valley.  They had connected  to it from one of the other park trails.    Parts of this trail are steep, as it climbs up and down between the river valley and Visitor Center.