131.Moonlight (3)

a/n: Hi, everyone. This part is a bit longer but it could be a bit frustrating :)  I know things are moving slow but ... I hope you will like this part nonetheless

Yoongi unlocks the door built inside the large rock blocking their way

Yoongi unlocks the door built inside the large rock blocking their way. The key was left in the keyhole which means someone came before to prepare the villa for visitors. Probably the shamans or his court ladies. Only close servants of the King can tend to this place. The magic protecting it won't allow just anyone to linger inside for long.

But it's okay for the Princess to enter, since she is a Royalty. The magic might not protect her, but it won't harm her, either. The spells cast over the villa are not as aggressive as the one surrounding the enchanted pool. All should be good.

Yoongi opens the door with a slow solemn movement. "Welcome to the Royal villa of wonders. On the other side of this rock you will find the most lavish garden, the most spectacular view and the most cozy house you've ever seen. There is no one to disturb us here. No bears or drunk brothers. It will be just you and me."

He steps inside the tunnel and pulls the Princess by the hand to encourage her to follow him. She hesitates, standing frozen at the door. Her face is pale and her eyes full of doubts.

"Are you still nervous?" Yoongi asks, letting go of her hand. She doesn't answer; her gaze fall down to the ground. What is wrong with her? She didn't speak during the climb here, holding tightly to his hand, but she seemed determined to reach their destination. Why hesitate now?

"I know I acted like a mad man once before," he says, "I know you have reasons to feel uneasy to be alone with me, but let me say this once again - today you are in charge. If you tell me to go sleep in the forest, I will do it."

"I am not afraid of you," Nori says, lifting her eyes. "I know you will be respectful."

"What are you afraid of then?"

Her voice drops lower, her words are timid and shaky."Your magic and my heart."

"What do you mean? Don't talk in riddles."

"I told you my heart will fight against me becoming yours. It's a very weird internal battle. I know I can't be together with that man but part of me wants to love him forever. Even if I married you, saying all those vows and going through all those ceremonies, I still feel as if I belong to him...and that can backfire at me so badly. That can ruin everything. But I am not sure how to shake that feeling away. How can you just decide that you no longer care for someone? I feel so empty without the feeling of loving him. "

Yoongi inhales slowly, trying to push back his frustration. He understands that forgetting someone you love must be hard, yet every time the Princess speaks of that damn ex-fiance of hers, needles of irritation pierce his skin and he wants to scream at her. Why is she so loyal to a man who left her to marry another woman? She should curse him and call him with offensive names, not try to "love him forever". It's so infuriating.