148. Kingdom (4)

Yoongi didn't intend to drink so much. He didn't intend to share with Nori details about the blessings of Daegu. And most of all, he did not intend to kiss her. But he did it all. He got drunk and reckless and stupid. He kissed her on impulse and now he is unable to stop.

The softness of her lips is a drug he can't get enough from. He holds her closer to himself, needy for the warmth of her body. It felt too good to be with her tonight, to talk to her, and look at her, and listen to her, and share things with her, and kiss her.

The world is on fire, but the world is at peace - that's how it feels to be with the Princess of Ilsan. That's how it feels to hold her and feel her presence.

Yoongi slips his tongue between her lips and deepens the kiss, enjoying the way she welcomes his advances, the way she desires him. Her body relaxes in his arms and he tilts his head to kiss her more ardently. He can't control himself.

He wants to kiss her all night, feeling a pleasant arousal spreading in his body, feeling drunk and warm and melting into the magic of her touch; yet Nori breaks the kiss way too soon, moving away from lips but remaining in his arms. It seems there is a strange gravity that keeps them close that none of them can break free off.

"Your Highness, you are being unreasonable," she whispers into his lips, "I must punish you. Instead I want to reward you." She smiles and caresses his cheek, her touch gentle and caring. "I made you wait for a long, long time, didn't I? I should do something for you. I should give you a present. Is there something you want?"

Yoongi tightens his grasp around her body and bites his lip. "Another kiss?"

She shakes her head, smiling mischievously. "No, no more kisses." Her cheeks are flushed from the alcohol and her eyes are liquid, full of reflections of the light, full of stars and galaxies and mysterious constellations.

She hesitates, looking at him with unusual warmth, smiling charmingly, making him feel he has been dear to her heart forever. She then chuckles, her laugh the most pleasant of melodies. "I should do something different," she says, her eyes lightening up with bold playfulness, "something scandalous. A proper preview."

"Preview of what?"

She giggles."Of my dancing."

Yoongi raises his eyebrows, far from convinced she will dare to do any dancing at all. She is just a cruel woman who likes to play with him, who likes to make him wait and who has no idea what her games do to his sanity.

Nori leans to whisper into his ear. "Go to the enchanted pool, put your feet into the water and wait for me."

He flinches, his heart skipping a beat. What the hell! What kind of insanity is she planning to do? He examines her expression, trying to see if she is joking or not. Nori bites on her lower lip and chuckles again. That woman will drive him insane.

Yoongi leans over her. "Don't play games with me, Princess. Don't make me wait in vain for something that is not going to happen."

"You don't have to wait for long this time." She smiles cutely. "I will give you a preview, I promise. Please, do what I asked."

Yoongi chews on his lips, trying to gather the willpower to tell her to go to sleep and stop playing around. Yet she is way too adorable to resist, and Yoongi's willpower sank to the bottom of the makgeolli bottle a long time ago.

"Fine, I will do it."

Nori beams in triumph, turning more beautiful than ever, like a rose blooming in the summer sun. Her magic, whatever strange magic that is, has turned stronger, overpowering any other force existing in the world. Yoongi wishes not to move, not to go to any pool, but to remain here, keeping her locked in his arms forever.