151. Clocks (2)

a/n:  Hello! I am back with another update. I hope you like it ^^

Jin looks stunning, dressed in a light purple hanbok, wearing delicate silver jewelry, and smiling brightly

Jin looks stunning, dressed in a light purple hanbok, wearing delicate silver jewelry, and smiling brightly. His hair is neatly tied up, smooth and shiny. His gait is energetic and lively; the magic around him warm and welcoming.

He brings Nori a gift: a pack of three books. One is a collection of local legends, another describes the unique architecture of Daegu's Palace, and the third is a historical novel written by a famous local author.

"You should tell me which kind you like the most," Jin says, "And I will bring you more."

"I have a lot to read already," Nori says,"Mira sent me books about magic and adventures. I like those."

"I have books about magic, too." Jin declares as if having books is his greatest achievement. "I will send you some tomorrow."

Nori laughs and invites him to sit by the table. She asked the court ladies to prepare a rich dinner and to leave them to dine alone. Which made Jino frown a little, but she dared not to complain.

Nori and Jin take their seats by the table, facing each other, and raise a toast for good health. The evening air sweeps in through the open garden doors and caresses Nori's cheeks. The lights of the lanterns reflect on the fine glasses she brought all the way from Ilsan. She relaxes in her seat, trying to push her worries away and enjoy the food.

Jin talks throughout the entire dinner. His eyes sparkle and his voice rings loud and cheerful. He is as pretty as a painting and in an excellent mood. It seems he has forgotten all about state affairs, bringing up other topics instead.

He compliments the food and Nori's green dress, then tells stories about how he and Yoongi lived while in hiding. He doesn't mention the hard time, instead, he shares anecdotes about the masters they worked for, the places they've visited, and the people they've met. Nori enjoys listening to him describing his past adventures and laughs at his jokes. Talking to Seokjin is like talking to an old friend she has known for years.

"Being hungry makes you so creative." he says, "We invented a lot of revolutionary recipes. It was rare to eat chicken, and it always led to an argument."

"Did you fight who is to eat the last chicken leg?" Nori asks.

Jin chuckles. "Yes. I insisted Yoongi take it because he was so damn skinny. But he said I should eat it. Ah, he can be so stubborn, sometimes."

Nori smiles. "Yoongi makes great kimchi stew. He cooked for me when we were at the villa."

"I taught him how to cook." Jin points at himself proudly. "He is lost without me."

Nori laughs and pours more wine into their glasses. She should find an excuse to send Jin away before Jimin arrives, yet she enjoys the carefree atmosphere he creates. Just one more glass of wine. Then she will end the dinner.