145. Kingdom (1)

a/n: Hello everyone! Happy New Year!  🎉 

I am posting this small update as a little gift for the New Year. I hope 2024 is successful year for you and you are all healthy and happy. 

Nori's heart is beating fast, both due to her running through the garden and due to the excitement that bubbles in her veins

Nori's heart is beating fast, both due to her running through the garden and due to the excitement that bubbles in her veins. It took her a while to leave Yoobin's house because they insisted on packing food and drinks for her. She asked them to lend her a simple robe to put on top of the one she was wearing in order not to attract attention.

Then, she had to ride at a normal pace not to exhaust Bam and herself any further. But she was inpatient; so impatient to see Yoongi. She had so much to tell him, so much to ask him. He seemed to be the only person who would understand what she was feeling.

She could not help herself but to run towards him through the gardens, run with the same carelessness that guided her steps when she was younger. Everything around her was more beautiful than before - the trees, the pavilions, the lakes and the countless flowers.

But now she sees nothing but him. They could be in the middle of a hurricane and Nori wouldn't notice. They can be in the middle of the ocean and she won't know. There is only Yoongi and the fast rhythm of her heart. He is not saying a word, staying silent and still. The sun shines in his golden hair, making him look magical.

He is back into his role of a Royal figure, his hair is tied up, he is dressed in a dark blue hanbok with golden embroidery, wearing his gold earrings, his black headband and his crown. Nori wants to hug him, hug him tight. Yet, his cold expression makes keep a distance.

"Are you angry with me?" she asks."I am sorry it took me so long to return, I got sidetracked."

He examines her face as if trying to decide if she is real or not.

"Please say something." Nori takes a step towards him. "Shout at me if you must. I know I deserve it."

"Where is your horse?" His voice is detached, controlled, alarmingly cold. "Did anyone see you coming back?" His softness is gone. Min Yoongi has disappeared. Only King August is standing in front of her now. Yet, Nori is not to be intimidated by his coldness. She is not to be scared or discouraged.

"I left Bam outside the Palace." She gestures to the side as if to show where Bam is. "I told Jungkook to pick him up. I rode through the city, but I wore another robe to blend in. No one paid attention to me, so don't worry. I came in from Jin's secret passage."

The King narrows his eyes, ever so slightly. "Where were you?"

Nori smiles sheepishly, trying to appear as innocent as possible. "I wandered around."

His gaze tenses at her words, so she decides it's not the moment to play around. She should be honest, she should tell him everything. She wants to tell him everything.