Chapter 4

The layout of Tao's small courtyard is similar to that of Liqiao's house, and several houses are made of adobe.

When Tao Zhu arrived home, his elder brother Tao Shu came out of the kitchen picking his teeth.

But his sister-in-law was nowhere to be seen, presumably she had already fallen asleep.

As for his father, because of his poor health, he usually lays down on the bed as soon as it gets dark.

Seeing Tao Zhu came back, Tao Shu said lazily, "I'm back, there is some rice left in the pot, eat it quickly.

" The wheat used to test maltose the day before yesterday became moldy and unusable."

"...Okay."

Tao Zhu responded.

His sister-in-law likes to eat sweets, but sweets are too expensive for his family to afford, so his eldest brother quietly climbed the wall of a family that can make maltose in the county some time ago.

As a result, he was discovered by others just after taking a look into the yard.

In the end, I paid someone two taels of silver, and it was settled.

But his elder brother did not give up.

After returning to the village, they began to make maltose from wheat.

But his big brother only saw people washing the wheat and didn't know anything else, so he tried three times in a row, all of which failed.

The wheat he had worked so hard for half a year just went to waste.

With a wry smile, he parked the cart and prepared to wash his hands and eat.

He only ate one meatloaf just now, and the remaining two were hidden in the wheat on the cart. He wanted his parents to taste the meatloaf too.

At this time, Mrs. Tao came out of the kitchen, saw Tao Shu standing in the yard, and immediately said, "Shu'er, why don't you go to sleep? You've been making maltose for a whole day, aren't you tired?

" Mom, you should go to bed early too, and let Brother Zhu take off the wheat grains alone."

Tao Shu urged with concern.

"Oh, I really can't do much work with my old arms and legs."

Mrs. Tao looked at Tao Zhu: "Brother Zhu, there is rice left in the pot for you. You can thresh the grains after eating, and rest when you are tired." Rest."

"Okay." Tao Zhu quickly washed his hands and went into the kitchen.

There was a smell of scallion pancakes in the kitchen, not strong, but for someone like Tao Zhu who ate wild vegetables all the year round, the faint smell was still terribly fragrant, and he could smell it right away.

With a slight smile on his face, he lifted the lid of the pot with anticipation.

A bowl of wild vegetable soup, four vegetable nests.

The scallion pancakes were missing.

...

He stopped laughing, picked up the wild vegetable soup in one hand, and picked up the vegetable nest in the other, and ate it in big mouthfuls like before.

After eating, his stomach was completely full, and the yard was already quiet.

His parents and eldest brother and sister-in-law are all asleep.

By the light of the moon in the sky, he began to thresh the wheat.

His family didn't have an ox cart, so he had to pull a stone mill to crush the ears of wheat to thresh the wheat. After threshing a hundred catties of wheat grains, it was late at night, and he was so tired that he was so weak that he didn't want to move.

After resting for a full quarter of an hour, he got up and turned the two patties out of the cart.

This time he didn't gobble it up, but took small bites, eating extremely slowly.

He is afraid that he will never eat such meatloaf again in his life.

Inexplicably, the figure of Li Qiao appeared in his mind, and he couldn't help but stop chewing.

Recalling the pitiful details, his mood improved a lot, and he even had a smile on his face. Not only did he eat three big meatloaf tonight, he was also respected by others, and he also felt tenderness...he will remember it in his

life tonight's.

Li Qiao had just returned home before he had time to put down the barrel and basket when Li Gu's eldest son, Li Chunsheng, arrived.

Li Chunsheng came to return the gift: five catties of freshly ground wheat flour today.

After seeing off Li Chunsheng, Li Qiao counted the return gifts from several companies and was very satisfied.

Everyone in the village knew about the original body, so the gifts from these families were all food.

The village head's family gave twenty eggs.

The third uncle's family gave ten white flour steamed buns.

The uncle's family who had a good relationship with the original parents gave me two catties of white rice.

Coupled with the five catties of wheat flour that Li Chunsheng sent just now, these are paired with fish, enough for him to eat for three days.

After washing, he lay down on the original wooden bed covered with a layer of straw, and soon fell asleep.

This time he slept extremely deeply, and when he woke up, the sky was already bright.

After a good night's sleep, I really feel refreshed.

I cooked rice porridge and eggs in clay pots, and added white steamed buns, and a breakfast was done.

After breakfast, he put on his basket and bucket, and went to the river to catch fish.

At half past eleven, the panniers and buckets were full.

He went to the entrance of the village.

There are three big willow trees at the entrance of the village, hence the name of Sanliu Village.

Near noon, the women working in the wheat fields went home to make lunch.

Li Qiao aimed at this group.

As soon as he put the basket and barrel under the willow tree, two aunts came over pushing a cart, and he smiled and said, "Aunt Xiuhua, Aunt Da Ni, do you want to buy fish?" "

Li Buckwheat?"

Zhang Xiuhua stopped, glanced at the fish in the bucket first, and then looked at Li Qiao: "You really know how to catch fish?"

Her home is next to Li Gu's, and last night Li Chuntao promoted Li She didn't believe it at all when it came out that Qiao could catch fish.

But looking at the fish in front of Li Qiao at this moment, it turns out that what Li Chuntao said is true?

"I didn't expect that I had the talent to catch fish. I did catch them. Auntie, why don't you? It's cheap.

" Three pennies a piece."

"You can also exchange wheat. One catty of wheat can be exchanged for one big one, or two small ones."

Li Qiao said with a smile.

"Oh, it's so cheap!"

Zhang Xiuhua's mind was immediately attracted after hearing this.

The small river in Sanliu Village is not easy to catch fish in because of the fast current. Generally speaking, if the folks in Sanliu Village want to eat fish, they go to the market or the county to buy it.

Grass carp is usually eight cents a catty, while Li Qiao's fish, the big fish seem to be at least a catty and a half catty, and the biggest ones are probably a catty or seven or eight taels.

Under normal circumstances, such a big fish would cost at least twelve renminbi a piece, but now it only costs six renminbi a piece?

It would be even cheaper if we exchanged wheat, because wheat costs five cents a catty!

"I want five."

Zhang Xiuhua put the cart aside and went forward to pick fish.

Seeing this, Chen Dani at the side also walked over: "I'll buy some too."

It's a busy day for wheat, and there is no machine at this time, and the harvesting of wheat depends entirely on manpower.

This is heavy work, even people from poor families will buy some meat to make up for it, otherwise their bodies will not be able to carry it.

Although this fish is not as good as pork and chicken, it is still meat, and it is still delicious when stewed into soup.

What's more, it's cheap!

More importantly, it can be exchanged for wheat!

For the folks who can't wait to spend a penny in half, spending money will make their hearts hurt, and they prefer to buy things in this form of barter.

Therefore, Zhang Xiuhua and Chen Dani couldn't resist the temptation in front of them at all, and put all their minds on picking fish.

Each fish is a different size and they have to pick the biggest one!

When Zhang Xiuhua and Chen Dani were picking fish, someone came over with a basket on their backs, and Li Qiao yelled, "Sell fish! One catty of wheat, one big fish, two small fish, pick whatever you want!"

This aggressive yelling, attractive price, coupled with the big change of his prodigal son's return, immediately attracted the attention of all Gui's family members.

It doesn't matter if it's a big girl, a little daughter-in-law or an aunt, even if they don't buy it, they all go up to have a look.

Some are shocked that he can catch fish, some are shocked that he is willing to work.

For a while, his small stall was extremely lively.

Like last night, Tao Zhu pulled a cart full of wheat and walked slowly and hard into the village.

From a distance, he could see a group of people gathered under the willow tree, but he didn't have the intention of watching the excitement, he just wanted to go home quickly and have lunch.

After working hard all morning, he was tired and hungry.

When he got closer, the word Li Qiao floated into his ears.

He subconsciously raised his eyes to look under the willow tree, and what he saw was Li Qiao's smiling eyes.

Li Qiao actually looked at him!

And his expression was as gentle as last night.

Panicked in his heart, he quickly lowered his head, and an inexplicable force came from his body. He seemed to have endless energy, and strode forward with great strides, and quickly passed the willow tree.

But at this moment, Li Qiao's loud voice sounded behind him.

"Aunt Xiuhua, all my land is sold, and I will definitely not have the money to buy land in a short time, so I want to open an acre of wasteland to grow sweet potatoes." "Where is the wasteland in our village that can grow crops?"

"

... Tao

Zhu panicked even more.

Sure enough, in the next second, Zhang Xiuhua said: "Wasteland? It's at the foot of the mountain in the northwest of our village. You can ask Brother Zhu. His family is the only one in our village that grows wasteland." "That's right, you can ask Brother

Zhu Did Brother Zhu walk over just now?"

I don't know who is answering the conversation.

Tao Zhu: "!"

As if a dog was chasing him, he pulled the cart and walked quickly, and entered the village in a few steps.

Into the village, too far away to hear the man's words.

He bit his lips tightly, his cheeks were slightly hot, what did that man want to do...

The author has something to say:

explain the prices in the article, the prices of our ancient dynasties are different, even the same emperor in the same dynasty in different years The prices are also different, so I made up the prices with reference to the grain prices in the early Northern Song Dynasty.

Wenwen is empty, everyone have fun, don't take it seriously~