Chapter 123 What gender is Li Qiao provoking again?

Li Qiao and Tao Zhu ate, drank medicine, and then fell asleep.

Of course, both of them didn't sleep very well because of the pressure of the British public.

Li Qiao was out of breath at the time, and also felt that Sheng Hong had already had opinions on the British public, so he scolded the British public.

But Sheng Hong's attitude was just his guess.

What if Sheng Hong felt that he had gone too far this time?

So he spent the whole night thinking wildly.

When it was time to go to work on weekdays, he got up as usual, but he didn't plan to go to work anymore, he wanted to stay at home and watch the doctor give Tao Zhu a diagnosis and treatment.

Just as Li Dao and Li Jian were about to go to the Hanlin Academy to ask for leave, there was a knock on the door.

It was not yet dawn at this time, the door was open, and there were several lanterns at the door, which illuminated the door quite brightly.

Therefore, standing in the yard, Li Qiao could clearly see the appearance of the visitor.

He was a little surprised and walked over quickly.

The person who came was actually one of the guards of the Seventh Prince whom I met in Juyuan that day.

Before Li Qiao could approach, the guard saluted Li Qiao: "Tang Shi has seen Mrs. Li." Before Li Qiao could

speak, he took out an envelope from his bosom, and held the envelope in both hands to respect him. Said: "This is the order of the Seventh Prince to give it to Lord Li."

Hearing this, Li Qiao immediately became respectful, and he took the envelope with both hands: "I don't know what else the Seventh Prince has to say?" "

Seventh Prince The prince said, let Lord Li act according to his heart."

Li Qiao was startled, is this all right?

Sheng Hong is still on his side this time?

After seeing off Tang Shi, he immediately opened the envelope, saw the words on the envelope clearly, and was taken aback again.

The Duke of England went to the palace to file a complaint with Sheng Hong last night, but Sheng Hong just sent an imperial doctor to the Palace of England?

This...

This really does not give the British public face.

Just as he was imagining how the Duke of England was in a state of dismay, there was another sound of slow wheels and horseshoes at the door. He looked towards the door, and a moment later, a carriage stopped at the door.

It was none other than Qian San who got off the carriage.

Li Qiao was taken aback, and hurriedly stepped forward to salute. The chief executive was a fourth-rank official in Dasheng, not to mention that Qian San was Sheng Hong's personal eunuch: "I have seen Chief Qian." Other people in the yard

, Tao Zhu, Li Dashan, Li Jian and others also hastily saluted.

Qian Sansheng was quite rich, and he still had dimples when he smiled. He was holding a whisk in his hand, and he was wearing a scarlet round-neck robe. He raised his hand to signal others to get up, and then smiled at Li Qiao: " Sir Xiao Li, you don't need to be too polite, our family is here today, we have something important to talk to you about."

He emphasized the word "important matter".

Li Qiao wondered, if it was a decree or an oral order from the Holy Majesty, then Manager Qian would definitely say it directly.

Now I'm just talking about important matters...

He turned his body sideways: "Tianhan, please come in and have some tea to warm up Mr. Qian."

"Our family has to go back to the palace to serve the Holy Majesty, so I won't drink this tea."

Director Qian shook his head: "Your Majesty already knew about the conflict between Master Xiao Li and Mr. Lu Wenrong yesterday. His Majesty's disposition is that if you meet people from the British government in the future, you should salute according to your rank. Apart from saluting, you can't say much. Not to mention stirring up disputes, or His Majesty will punish you severely."

"Lord Xiao Li, do you understand?"

"...Understood."

The Seventh Prince's letter only said that Sheng Hong had made the British announce that he was dumb, No more detailed content.

Is this how Sheng Hong handled it?

Sheng Hong was not only on his side, Sheng Hong was on his side and slapped Duke Ying severely!

He looked at Tao Zhu.

Tao Zhu hurried over, holding a bank note in his hand.

Tao Zhu understood this bit of etiquette, when the Holy Majesty's people came to the house, they had to put some money in for it.

"Boss Qian, I'd like to trouble you to make a trip yourself. Since you don't have time to drink the tea from the official's house right now, you are free, but you must make up for this cup of tea. It's cold, so you need something warm." Accompanied by

this After saying that, Li Qiao took the bank note in Tao Zhu's hand, and handed it to Qian San with a smile.

Qian San didn't give in, and took it with a smile. In fact, his salary is quite high, because Sheng Hong was worried that he would secretly help others or deliver news, so he gave him a salary of three thousand taels of silver every month. Shut him up.

However, one hundred taels is not a small sum of money.

As expected of Li Wanwan, he is even richer than the first-class nobles in Shengjing.

Putting the banknote into his bosom, he said again: "The Holy Majesty also said that Master Xiao Li was frightened yesterday, so you can rest at home for a few days before going to the Hanlin Academy to compile a book."

When Li Qiao heard the words, she was immediately moved: "Your Majesty is so sympathetic to this official, I am so grateful. I originally planned to ask Mr. Du of the Imperial Academy for a few days off, and wait for my husband to recover." "In

addition , I also plan to find a few nursing homes to protect the safety of the people in the courtyard." "

...Master Xiao Li is very considerate. Since Mr. Xiao Li is busy with affairs, we will leave."

This is to continue fighting British face?

Tsk.

I have to go back to the palace and report to the Holy Majesty.

After Qian San left, everyone in the courtyard heaved a sigh of relief. They were no longer as heavy as yesterday, and everyone had smiles on their faces.

Li Qiao also had a smile on his face. According to the plan just now, he asked Li Dao and Li Jian to go to the Hanlin Academy to ask for leave, and let Li Gong and Li Nu—this is the new Nursing Academy arranged for the second time to buy someone—to ask for a doctor.

The doctor had to ask more to make sure Tao Zhu's stomach was okay.

In addition, the dim sum shop and the duck shop are closed today, but he wrote two wooden signs with his own hands and asked Li Dashan and Li Ershan to hang them at the door respectively.

The content on the wooden sign is very simple. He sincerely hires a hero with high martial arts skills to be the nursing home of the Li family. Food and lodging are included, one hundred taels of silver a month. Don't worry, he will properly arrange for his family.

Li Qiao's idea is very simple, he wants to make a big deal out of it, so that everyone in Shengjing will know about it. In this way, if any accident happened to his family, everyone in Shengjing will know that the British government did it .

Of course, he also really wanted to hire a personal bodyguard. He was really worried about the safety of his family.

After all these arrangements were made, Li Qiao and Tao Zhu started to have breakfast.

Yesterday, the old doctor talked about some taboos for pregnant women, and also said what pregnant women should eat. Meat, eggs, milk, fresh vegetables and nuts are essential, and fried and greasy ones should be eaten less.

Therefore, today's breakfast is not oily and watery, it is light, even if it is stir-fried, only a small amount of oil is put in.

Tao Zhu looked at the rice on the table without much oil and water, and was a little embarrassed at once: "Well...how about we find a cook? Cook for me."

He must obey the doctor's orders, but it can't be because of He made the whole family lack oil and water, but it would be a bit hard to make two parts separately.

It's not that the family doesn't have money, so they can hire a cook.

"That's a good idea!"

Hearing this, Li Qiao immediately thought about it. He was actually worried about the cook outside...

"Let's go to the Seventh Prince, and ask the Seventh Prince to find us an experienced and reliable cook. "

He actually didn't want to ask for help, but when it comes to Tao Zhu, safety is the most important thing.

"Will it be too troublesome?" Tao Zhu bit the tip of his chopsticks, hesitating.

Last time the Seventh Prince helped rescue the siege in the chrysanthemum garden, it has already been repaid part of the life-saving grace, but the rest must be used in the key points... "It's okay, there is nothing

bigger than your body in our family. I will go to the Seventh Prince's Mansion in two days."

Li Qiao's attitude was very firm.

"Okay." Tao Zhu couldn't help laughing after hearing this.

That's right, he gave birth to the child safely, and that was the most important and crucial thing for their family.

After breakfast, before dawn, Li Qiao helped Tao Zhu take a walk in the yard for a while, and then helped him back to his room.

The weather is cold, and Tao Zhu, as a pregnant woman, has to keep warm.

But Tao Zhu was amused by Li Qiao's cautious attitude. When he returned to the house and sat on the warm kang, he assured Li Qiao again and again: "I really don't have any discomfort. Before entering the hospital yesterday, I didn't feel any pain. There is no discomfort in any abnormality, including now."

When he said this, Li Qiao's eyebrows immediately frowned tightly: "During this period, you have put a lot of effort into dim sum shops and duck shops, and, carefully After careful calculation, you were pregnant on the way we came to Beijing."

"You were pregnant for three months, but you haven't had a good rest in these three months."

Tao Zhu: "..."

That's right.

Counting the time, when he was pregnant, he was still bumping on the road.

But he really didn't feel anything!

At this time, if he is asked to follow the Tao family to do heavy work, then he can fully support it.

But seeing Li Qiao's serious expression, he raised his hand and rubbed the center of Li Qiao's brows, and said solemnly, "Okay, I'll take a good rest." "

I don't worry about the shop anymore, I just eat and drink well." Alright, concentrate on caring for the baby."

Hearing this, Li Qiao let go of her frowning brows, and the words were pleasing to his ears.

But soon his eyebrows frowned again: "You can't just eat, drink and exercise. If the fetus is too big, it will not be easy to give birth."

"No, when I go to see the Seventh Prince, I have to ask the Seventh Prince to introduce another person who is reliable and stable and knows how to take care of my pregnant wife. We are young, and although Brother Qian has Xiaorui, he is still a child at heart.

" Zhu: "..."

He still felt that Li Qiao was a little too nervous. For example, those pregnant women in the village did not work less when they were pregnant, and some of them gave birth in the fields.

He has indeed lived a good life in the past few years, but he is still a country boy, not so delicate at all.

However, seeing Li Qiao's serious face, he swallowed those words back.

He had to listen to Li Qiao.

Reaching out to hug Li Qiao's waist, he leaned on Li Qiao's shoulder, and said softly, "This child did not come at the right time."

He didn't want to get pregnant.

Li Qiao was frightened.

Such days, there are still seven months to come!

But when Li Qiao heard this, he raised his hand to cover his mouth: "Don't let the baby hear it, since we are pregnant and are going to bring her to this world, then we should love this baby well."

He understands the bitterness of an unwelcome child.

Tao Zhu: "..."

Inexplicably, he was a little unhappy.

He said this for Li Qiao's sake, but Li Qiao was worried that he would scare the baby?

Sit up straight, let go of Li Qiao's waist, he grabbed Li Qiao's hand covering his mouth: "Aren't you too gentle with this baby, can I tell the truth?"

Li Qiao: "..."

He looked at Tao Zhu in astonishment, and after a few seconds, he couldn't help laughing.

"Of course, if you have to tell the truth, you must tell the truth. I support you in telling the truth. You must say what you have in your heart, and don't hide it in your heart." "I am gentle

with my baby because this is our child. But in my heart In my heart, you are the first, and you will always be the first, and no one can surpass you. You know how much I like you."

Brother Zhu, is this a little emotion of having a pregnant woman?

Tao Zhu stared at Li Qiao's smile, and after a while, he pursed his lower lip and lowered his eyes.

What he said just now was so stupid...

it doesn't look like him anymore.

"Li Qiao, pregnancy is so troublesome." He said in a low voice.

"I know, thank you for your hard work." Li Qiao tilted his head, kissed his lips, then hugged him and gently fell on the kang.

"I'm only pregnant this time, and we won't have another child in the future."

Li Qiao said while kissing his cheek, his nose, his forehead, and his lips.

A gentle and familiar kiss fell on his face, and Tao Zhu's depressed mood slowly dissipated. He hugged Li Qiao, wanting Li Qiao to press most of his body on him like before, so that he could clearly feel Li Qiao's feelings. the weight of.

But now that she is pregnant, Li Qiao will definitely not agree.

He pursed his lower lip, pregnancy is really troublesome, Li Qiao can no longer rub him like before, wishing he could rub him into his body.

Turning over, he changed from lying on his back to lying on his side: "Li Qiao, do you think this is a boy or a girl? Or is it a brother?"

Li Qiao also changed from lying on his stomach to lying on his side. Hearing this, he said without even thinking about it: "It's fine."

"What if it's a brother or a daughter? This can't be regarded as the inheritance of the family."

Just like Li Shu, as long as he doesn't have a son, it means he doesn't have a son. Leave it to Song Shishi.

This is also the concept of countless people.

As long as there is no son, it means that there is no inheritance and no descendants.

Cut off sons and grandchildren, cut off sons, this only refers to sons.

If Li Qiao had no sons, in the eyes of the world, it would be equivalent to answering Lu Wenrong's words of cutting off sons and grandchildren.

"That's right. Anyway, we only have this fetus. If you don't pass on the family, you won't pass on the family. There are other people in the Li family."

Li Qiao said, and kissed his lips again: "I really don't care about this, Don't be stressed."

"What if someone scolds you for this."

Tao Zhu pursed his lips tightly.

He didn't want Li Qiao to be scolded.

"As long as you don't scold in front of me, then it doesn't matter. If you scold in front of me, then I will beat him up like I beat Lu Wenrong." "...Then

what if it is a senior official scolding you?"

"Then I'll try my best to climb up and become a bigger official."

Tao Zhu: "..."

He sighed, Li Qiao has worked so hard.

He looked down at his stomach, forget it, it depends on God's will, no matter what gender the child is, it's his and Li Qiao's baby.

After lying like this for a while, he remembered the wooden sign that Li Qiao had written just now, and couldn't help but ask, "Are we provoking the Duke of England?" "Does His Majesty think we are too good at jumping ?

"

My subject, you should let the king know his weakness. I am going crazy for you now, and the sage will only feel more at ease with me."

Li Qiao touched his face and said with a smile: "I am so powerful, I am afraid that the sage will guard against me. , Now I am going crazy for you, the Holy Majesty will give me a promotion at ease."

Tao Zhu: "..."

It's so complicated!

Li Qiao really worked too hard.

He won't have a baby. After this baby, he really won't have a baby. Let Li Qiao worry less.

Soon, it was dawn.

Shen Hua is here.

The Zhuang family, the Han family, and the Meng family all came.

Li Qiao sent someone to announce the good news to them before, but he also specifically asked them to come later, and Tao Zhu had to rest after breakfast.

Relatives and friends are very happy. They have been married for almost five years and finally have a baby. Tao Zhu doesn't have to be stressed anymore.

Shen Hua stared at Tao Zhu's stomach for a long time, his face was full of envy, he and Xu Ying have been married for a long time, and his stomach has not moved.

Zhuang Quan and Zhou Yun were even more envious. The two of them had been married longer than Li Qiao and Tao Zhu, but Zhou Yun's stomach had never moved.

During this time, I have seen all the doctors in Pingcheng, and also found several others in Fucheng. The doctors all said that the two of them are in good health and drank a lot of tonics, but nothing happened.

Zhuang Wen deliberately took their couple to Beijing. On the one hand, he wanted to find a famous doctor for further diagnosis and treatment, and on the other hand, he wanted to avoid the villagers.

Few people in Shengjing knew them, and no one spread gossip.

Zhou Yun hugged Li Xiaorui and was reluctant to let go, she kept wandering around Tao Zhu, she wanted to have more luck with children.

Soon, a doctor came over.

This morning was spent in doctor's consultation with Tao Zhu, a total of five doctors came, each of them said that Tao Zhu was fine after giving Tao Zhu's pulse.

But after learning that Tao Zhu was frightened and fainted yesterday, he immediately changed his words, saying that the fetus is unstable and needs to be recuperated.

After hearing these words, Li Qiao finally breathed a sigh of relief.

It seems that Tao Zhu's body is really fine.

Qiuxian Hall.

Today's weather was gloomy. Although there was no wind, it was dry and cold. Charcoal was also burned in the hall. Sheng Hong wrote papers all morning, not only his wrists were sore, but his cervical spine also ached.

He stood up, paced around the hall, and prepared to move his body.

By the way, it's time for lunch.

Looking at the gloomy sky outside, he turned his head and said to Qian San, "Today's main course is Baizhen Crystal Shreds."

Baizhen Crystal Shreds are actually vermicelli stewed dishes, but they are filled with delicacies from mountains and seas.

In this kind of weather, you should really eat some hot food with soup.

The main dish is ready, and I was thinking about the side dishes, when the voice of the little eunuch came from outside: The fifth prince begs to see me.

Sheng Hong raised his eyebrows when he heard the words, and walked back to the back of the case slowly.

A moment later, the fifth prince Sheng Chang'ang entered the hall.

Sheng Changang is tall and mighty, with relatively rough facial features. In terms of appearance, he is not very outstanding, but the nobility raised in the palace since he was a child gives him a tough and handsome appearance, which is quite eye-catching in the crowd.

His personality is the same as his appearance, carefree and straightforward.

He first saluted Sheng Hong, and after Sheng Hong called out, he said: "Father, my son came today to ask Father to explain his son's doubts." "

Ang'er, what doubts do you have? Just say it."

Sheng Hong laughed Hehe opened his mouth with kindness on his face.

"Regarding the dispute between Lv Wenrong and Master Li Qiaoli, the father's handling has confused his son."

Sheng Changang looked straight at Sheng Hong with a sincere face: "My father always said that we must treat heroes well, so that we can attract more people." Talented people serve the imperial court. But the father's handling this time makes the son puzzled."

"Well... In Anger's opinion, how should the father deal with it?"

The kindness on Sheng Hong's face remained unchanged, he did not answer, but It was Sheng Changang who asked about it.

"If it were my son to deal with this matter, my son would order Master Li to apologize to the British Duke. It was true that Lu Wenrong was wrong at the beginning, but Master Li's behavior was too much, and he didn't teach Lu Wenrong enough, so he dragged the British Duke into it. Your Excellency shouldn't be like this."

Sheng Chang'ang answered very smoothly, obviously thinking about it a long time ago.

Sheng Hong laughed when he heard this.

"Ang'er." He said as he got up from behind the case: "Who is Li Qiao?" "

...Master Li is the champion of the new department."

Sheng Changang was taken aback, but answered honestly.

"Answer in more detail." Sheng Hong said while pacing in the hall with his hands behind his back.

Sheng Changang: "..."

After a moment of silence, he said, "Father, my son knows that Lord Li is the proud son of heaven, but he shouldn't blame the Duke of England. How can the credits that the Duke of England have made for Dasheng? Master Li can be compared."

"You are right, Li Qiao's contribution cannot be compared with the old Duke's. But it is also true that Li Qiao has already accumulated a lot of credit at such a young age. With Father, both sides are meritorious officials. , and more importantly, Li Qiao has a whole body of pride." "

He is kind to others on weekdays, which does not mean that he has no blood and integrity.

" The emperor wants to underestimate him. Young people should be aggressive. Moreover, he is a rookie in Dasheng's officialdom and a pillar of Dasheng's future. If he is a turtle, what can he do in the future? Does Emperor Father still dare to reuse him?"

Sheng Hong patiently explained.

"...Then father, do you know what he did today? He hung a wooden sign at the door of his shop to recruit nurses. He suspected that the British government would retaliate against him. Or, this is an offense. Didn't you say that you can't provoke any more disputes?" "

Then will the British government take revenge on him?"

Sheng Hong stopped, turned to look at his fifth son, his tone and expression were different. calm.

Sheng Changang: "...of course not."

"Then did the old Duke be mentioned on his wooden sign?" Sheng Hong asked again.

"...No."

Sheng Changang shook his head.

"Then your behavior is called speculation." Sheng Hong frowned as he said, "This matter has been settled, so you don't need to say more. Go on." Sheng Changang: "..." He opened his

mouth

, But seeing Sheng Hong's frown, he didn't dare to say anything more, he bowed to Sheng Hong again, he took a few steps back, then turned and left Qiuxian Hall.

Sheng Hong stared at his back, frowning even more.

There was also a layer of haze in his eyes.

However, thinking of Li Qiao's provocation today, he twitched his eyebrows, and his frown relaxed a lot.

This Li Qiao would do anything for his husband.

It is true that you are affectionate and righteous, and know how to be grateful.

It is good to have weaknesses.

Turning his head to look at Qian San, he ordered: "Li Qiao's husband was frightened yesterday, find an imperial doctor to go to Li's house.

" Drink the tea you couldn't drink in the morning before leaving."

Qian San responded quickly when he heard this, and a smile appeared on his face: "Your Majesty is considerate, Lord Li will definitely be grateful."

Seeing this, Sheng Hong said, hehe He said: "Look at you, but Li Qiao is indeed generous." "

Master Xiao Li can earn money, so he has such courage." Qian San said with a smile.

He would tell Sheng Hong whoever took money.

It's the same today, hence Sheng Hong's words.

"That's right, young people like him are indeed rare."

The more Sheng Hong thought about it, the happier he became.

He really picked up the treasure.

The bad mood caused by the fifth prince was swept away, and he said again: "Today's side dishes are those from Li's family." The

imperial chefs know all the delicacies made by Li's family.

He advertised for Li Qiao.

The author has something to say:

Which gender do babies like?