Chapter 89 College Examination Questions Go to Hell Again

When Li Qiao, Tao Zhu, Li Ershan Lixia, Huang Youming and their sons were riding in an ox cart to Fucheng together with the Xu family's carriage, the official road in Pingcheng-Fucheng had already been half built.

On the side of Pingcheng, Jiangzhi County raised more than 40,000 taels of silver, and on the other side of Fucheng, the Mingzhi Mansion raised 120,000 taels of silver.

There are more rich people in Fucheng than in Pingcheng. Mingzhi Fu first talked with big businessmen who had earned a lot of money from vermicelli in the past two years, and then called some ordinary wealthy businessmen to talk about the benefits of building this road.

Moreover, he himself donated three thousand taels of silver.

Under such circumstances, large and small merchants donated silver enthusiastically, and quickly collected 120,000 taels of silver.

With the silver, the construction of this road will start immediately, starting from the Pingcheng side.

Jiangzhi County issued a job recruitment notice, and the villagers along the way, as well as people from other places in Pingcheng, went to work as road construction workers. Although the salary was not high, it was better than nothing.

There is strength in numbers. When Liqiao Taozhu set off for Fucheng, the road had already been half built.

The flat adobe brick road is five meters wide, paved with two layers of bricks, and is a full foot thick. The bullock cart walks on it flat and fast.

The last time I went to Fucheng, there were many potholes on the official road, and the wheels of the bullock cart were wooden and not shockproof, so sitting on the bullock cart was bumpy and slow.

But this time, even sitting in the bullock cart can hold books and flip through them.

The ox cart of Li Qiao's family has been upgraded from the last time he went to Fucheng. The ox carts are no longer pulled by carts, but the carriages of horse-drawn carts.

This kind of carriage is not afraid of wind and rain, and is more suitable for long-distance travel than a cart.

Usually, Tao Zhu drives the carriage, and Li Qiao stays in the carriage to read.

Li Qiao is not cramming for a while, he is seizing all the time to consolidate basic knowledge.

After the test in Fucheng last year, Xu Ying stayed in Fucheng for two months, and then went to Pingcheng to study.

This time when he returned to Fucheng for the exam, Shen Hua followed him as usual.

However, Shen Hua didn't cling to Xu Ying all the time like last time, because this time Baiyou was also there.

Baiyou has never been to Fucheng since she broke off her relationship with her late husband's family. This time, she came to Fucheng, on the one hand, to avoid the troubles of Li Dazhong and his two children, and on the other hand, to accompany Shen Hua.

When Shen Hua was in front of Xu Ying, she couldn't see anything unusual, but when she was in front of him, she was always listless and depressed, and felt uncomfortable for almost a year, and the baby fat on Shen Hua's face disappeared.

Shen Hua looked like this, Baiyou felt distressed and helpless.

He had suffered from the loss of his deceased husband's family and knew what he wanted. In addition, he was forced by his family at that time and wanted to leave the Bai family, so he hastily settled on Li Dazhong.

His decision at the time was actually a gamble.

It now appears that he has won his bet.

But he didn't dare to let Shen Hua bet.

Shen Hua likes a handsome scholar like Xu Ying, but there are so many scumbags about scholars, not to mention that he can't find a better scholar than Xu Ying for the time being, even if he finds one, would Shen Hua dare to entrust him for life?

well.

The adobe brick road is very convenient for traveling, and half a day can cover the distance of the previous day.

But the adobe brick road was only half repaired, so Li Qiao and his party quickly walked on the bumpy dirt road again.

It was impossible to read on this road, so Li Qiao got out of the carriage and leaned against Tao Zhu to drive the ox cart.

There are mostly fields on both sides of the official road. During this season, farmers are busy watering the wheat, and many people are planting soybeans, corn and other miscellaneous grains.

However, there are very few people who grow miscellaneous grains such as corn and soybeans.

Right now, farmers in Hexi Prefecture grow sweet potatoes the most.

Tao Zhu looked at the sweet potato seedlings that had just been planted in the field, and his face couldn't help showing pride.

This is the change his man brings.

Li Ershan is sixteen years old this year, and Li Xia is fifteen years old this year, both of them left Pingcheng for the first time.

Obviously the farmland and working scenes on both sides of the official road were the same as those in Sanliu Village, but the two were still very excited, sitting on the shaft of the car and looking around non-stop.

Two days later, the group arrived in Fucheng.

Li Qiao had asked the Xu family to rent out the yard where they lived last time, so after entering the city, they went directly to the last yard.

Baiyou didn't buy a house in Fucheng, he lived in a hotel with Li Dazhong, but this time he will stay in Fucheng for a few days, so he plans to buy a small yard.

Shen Hua and Meng Yue lived in Xu's house like last time.

After being settled in the small courtyard, Li Qiao studied hard every day just like last time, and Tao Zhu took Li Ershan and Li Xia to cook, wash and take care of his daily necessities.

Huang Youming and his son, one is waiting to explain his doubts anytime and anywhere, and the other is responsible for taking care of the ox cart.

The hospital examination is held twice every three years, not once a year like the county examination and government examination. Therefore, the number of people taking the hospital examination far exceeds that of the government examination.

Now Li Qiao is a famous person, and he lives in the same courtyard as last year. Therefore, from the second day he lived in, many people came to visit him every day.

As a last resort, he had no choice but to hang up a small wooden sign saying that he would not accept guests.

After the small wooden sign was hung, he became much cleaner. Now he has no time to socialize, he just wants to read.

The hospital examination is divided into a main examination and a re-examination. The main examination takes one day and the re-examination takes two days. Only after the main examination can you participate in the re-examination.

In Li Qiao's view, this was purely to save trouble.

Before taking the county and government exams, the chief examiner would verify the identity of the candidates every day before the exam.

But there are many people in the government test, and when the verification is over, the sun has risen so high.

There are more people in the hospital exam than in the government exam. Now that the main exam is used to screen a large number of people, it will save a lot of time in the re-examination.

Li Qiao wanted to give a thumbs up to this method, and the efficiency could be improved a lot now.

A few days later, he, Meng Yue and Xu Ying went to the government office to sign up.

The registration process is the same as the government examination. Candidates will issue a public certificate issued by the county government as an ID card.

The official responsible for the registration is still the one from last year.

He looked at Li Qiao with anticipation in his eyes.

I don't know what kind of beautiful article Li Qiao can write this time.

After signing up, Li Qiao continued to study hard.

This day, Baiyou brought Li Dazhong to play. Baiyou had already bought a small yard, but it was not near the test shed.

The housing prices around Kaoweng are too high, so he doesn't have to buy a house around it.

When he came to Fucheng, without Li Dazhong's two children tormenting him, the smiles on his face were more than before, and his whole body was full of freshness after being nourished.

"Yesterday Dazhong saw Zhou Mingsheng."

Baiyou, Tao Zhu, Li Ershan, and Li Xia sat by the well in the front yard, helping Tao Zhu and the others peel peanuts. He talked about what he saw yesterday while peeling.

Li Dazhong also sat on the side peeling peanuts, and nodded when he heard the words: "Yesterday, Brother Yu and I went to the pottery shop to buy dishes. We saw Zhou Mingsheng, his wife, and old man. They went to that shop to buy goods." Zhou Mingsheng

married It was the daughter of the shopkeeper of the pottery shop. Now when Zhou Mingsheng came to Fucheng to take an exam, his wife and father-in-law followed to buy goods.

"After I saw him, I deliberately moved towards him and shook my fist at him. His little white face immediately turned into charcoal." When

Li Gu took the men from the Li family to Zhou's house to ask for an explanation, Li Dazhong also went , but Zhou Mingsheng was not at home at the time.

Zhou Mingsheng was not at home twice, so Li Dazhong only beat Zhou Mingsheng's parents, not Zhou Mingsheng.

Later, Li Gu wanted to go to the county town to find Zhou Mingsheng, but Li Chuntao refused. On the one hand, he felt ashamed, and on the other hand, he didn't want to offend the shopkeeper of the pottery shop. He is from the city, but she is from the country. She has a natural affection for the city people. fear.

So Zhou Mingsheng was not beaten.

But Li Dazhong definitely couldn't swallow this breath. When he met Zhou Mingsheng by chance this time, he couldn't help but waved his fist to threaten him.

"He's going to take the exam this time too?" Tao Zhu frowned.

"Definitely want to participate, he is dedicated to being a scholar." Baiyou sneered.

After he married Li Dazhong, he also regarded Li Chuntao as his cousin. After introducing Zhang Tiansheng to Li Chuntao, he inquired about Zhou Mingsheng's situation in the county.

"You don't know, now his wife is watching him very closely, and she is very afraid that he will go to Chuntao. I heard from his neighbors on both sides that there is a big quarrel every few days in their house. His wife said that he regretted it. He won't admit it."

Tao Zhu: "..."

Disgusting, you still want to find Chuntao, shameless!

He snorted: "The current Chuntao, he can't afford to climb high."

"That's right." Baiyou nodded with a smile: "As far as his family is concerned, he definitely doesn't want to study. He will definitely not pass the college exam this time. "

But Chuntao is about to become a talented woman."

Li Chuntao and Zhang Tiansheng have developed very smoothly, Zhang Tiansheng is a nice person, very sincere, Zhang's family is also very good, Li Chuntao has never hated him from the very beginning It has become a little heartbeat recently.

If there is no accident, the two will get engaged in summer.

Thinking of this, Tao Zhu also laughed: "When Chuntao gets married, let's take care of it and make him mad." "

Naturally." Baiyou smiled and nodded.

Baiyou and Li Dazhong left after having lunch. Before leaving, Baiyou told Tao Zhu to remind Li Qiao to pay more attention to young talents. Although most scholars are unreliable, Shen Hua likes scholars. I can count on Li Qiao.

Tao Zhu always remembered this matter, he had already reminded Li Qiao, and he would always take a look when others came to visit Li Qiao.

He also wanted Shen Hua to have one more choice.

Now that Xu Ying has not been admitted as a scholar, the Xu family has already looked down on Shen Hua. Even if Xu Ying never leaves Shen Hua, after marriage, Shen Hua will still be scorned by the Xu family.

Tao Zhu himself doesn't have an evil mother-in-law, but he knows how terrifying Baiyou's ex-mother-in-law is. Accepted by her husband's family, life after marriage will be really difficult.

Before going to bed at night, Tao Zhu told Li Qiao that Zhou Mingsheng also participated in the hospital examination.

After hearing this, Li Qiao's attitude was similar to Tao Zhu's, but he was still thinking about Gao Zhiyuan: "Isn't Gao Zhiyuan here? The college examination is twice every three years." "...Whether you come or not, we don't

care ?" Tao Zhu was originally lying on top of him, with his face buried in his neck, but he couldn't help raising his head to look at him when he heard the words: "A person like him is not worthy of your eyes." Li Qiao

challenged She lowered her eyebrows, raised her hand and patted his butt lightly: "He has impure goals for you, of course I have to guard against him.

" , what purpose can there be?"

Tao Zhu also thought about this matter.

He didn't think that Gao Zhiyuan also thought he was good-looking. Gao Zhiyuan went to his house to propose marriage with only one purpose:

to find a servant for the Gao family.

This bit of malice, to this day, he no longer wants to care about it.

"You're right. His mentality must have collapsed. Even if he came, he wouldn't pass the exam." Li Qiao nodded.

His brother Zhu is relatively simple, so he will follow what brother Zhu said now.

As for Gao Zhiyuan himself, this person's purpose for Tao Zhu is not only that.

It's a pity that he can't meet Gao Zhiyuan on weekdays, otherwise, he would definitely interrogate him.

For the time being, Li Qiao put Gao Zhiyuan behind him and put all his thoughts on studying.

Soon the exam day will come.

This was the third time for Li Qiao to take the exam, and Tao Zhu was already familiar with all the procedures. Tao Zhu got up in the middle of the night to make breakfast, and steamed buns for Li Qiao by the way.

When they went to the examination shed before breakfast, it was still dark, and when they arrived, there were already many people gathered around the examination shed, besides the candidates themselves, there were also Tao Zhu who accompanied the examination.

Li Qiao took a cursory glance and made an estimate in his heart. There might be thousands of people participating in the hospital examination this time.

How much time would be wasted to verify identity later.

sigh.

As a celebrity, Li Qiao was the focus of everyone. He was not social before, but now everyone finally saw him and came over to say hello to him.

Li Qiao didn't want to bear the reputation of being defiant before taking off, so whenever other people greeted him, he responded with a smile.

When the yamen servant came over to maintain order, his face almost froze with laughter.

The yamen servants asked candidates to line up to enter the examination shed.

The inspection process was the same as before, not only the steamed buns were broken into several pieces, but also the hair had to be untied for the government officials to check, so as not to carry a cheat sheet.

Li Qiao and Meng Yuexu Ying were in the middle of the line. The three of them entered the examination booth, and waited for half an hour before the inspection process outside was over.

Soon, the examiner came.

In addition to the magistrate, the chief examiner of the college examination is also the Xuezheng lord.

Many candidates first greeted the two adults, and then checked their identities.

The identity verification was carried out by the Mingzhifu and Xuezheng at the same time, but because there were too many candidates, more than an hour had passed by the end of this process.

Li Qiao sat in his seat, and when the yamen servant came over with the test questions, he breathed a sigh of relief, and reached out to pick up the writing brush on the table.

He and Tao Zhu came to the examination room before five o'clock, and it was estimated to be ten o'clock at this time. After waiting for more than five hours, some candidates with poor physical strength may be hungry or sleepy right now. up.

The imperial examination is really not easy.

Today is the main test, as always, the test is relatively comprehensive.

Moyi, scriptures, poems, and policy theory are all tested.

Both Mo Yi and Tie Jing tested basic skills. However, compared with the county examination, the content involved in the hospital examination is obviously much more.

The three histories and three biography are all involved, and some small topics are relatively remote.

But this is not a problem for Li Qiao. If he tries his best, he won't be afraid of any exams.

He picked up the pen and wrote quickly.

Soon it was the turn of poetry, and he began to feel worse than death again.

Li Qiao's examination number this time is No. 500, which is located in the middle, but coincidentally, his seat this time is not near the entrance of the hall, but near the inside of the hall.

And the hall he was in happened to be the one where Mingzhifu was in charge.

Therefore, although Mingzhifu sat at the head, although he couldn't see clearly what was written on his paper, he could see his expression.

In the previous Mo Yi and Tie Jing, he wrote like flying, with a well-thought-out plan, and the prefect was very satisfied with it.

But for the current poem, Mingzhifu was shocked when he saw his expression.

Ming Zhifu was really surprised at this time, as for Li Qiao's poems, when he wrote them, he even frowned, gritted his teeth, and looked like he was exhausting all his strength... He knew that

Li Qiao's poems were not good. , but he didn't expect that it was Li Qiao's holding back for a long time that he could barely pass the level.

This...

Mingzhifu is very fortunate, but fortunately the Holy One does not pay attention to poetry!

After the poetry is the policy theory.

The policy discussion in this session is the same as the county examination and government examination. The topics are drawn from the Four Books and Five Classics, and do not involve the small composition of the Holy Majesty.

Therefore, not only Li Qiao, but other candidates also answered very quickly.

However, because the exam started too late, after Li Qiao finished writing, it was already dark, so he hurriedly handed in the paper.

The results of the main exam will be posted three days later, and the number of people admitted is the top 100.

There are thousands of candidates who participated in the college examination this time, but 90% of them failed in one main examination, which is really cruel.

Li Qiao was still the first to hand in the paper this time. After leaving the examination room, Tao Zhu, Li Ershan, Li Xia, Huang Youming and his son were all waiting.

Li Qiao didn't go home directly, he waited for Meng Yue and Xu Ying to leave the examination room, and went back to the small courtyard where he was temporarily staying with them.

He wanted to check the answer with Meng Yue and Xu Ying.

Meng Yue and Xu Ying are also hardworking people. Today's exam can't help them both. After getting the answer right, they are all very happy.

For the next three days, Li Qiao still did not socialize and did not go out.

He must be able to enter the re-examination, and he cannot slack off at this juncture.

Three days later, the results of the main exam were posted, and the names of Li Qiao, Meng Yue, and Xu Ying all appeared on the list.

Li Qiao carefully read the 100-person list, and then left with a satisfied face. Very well, there is neither Zhou Mingsheng nor Gao Zhiyuan on it.

The re-examination will be tomorrow, so Li Qiao, Meng Yue, and Xu Ying didn't stay any longer. The three of them went back to their respective homes and continued to study hard.

The re-examination takes two days, and the first day tests Mo Yi, Tie Jing, and poetry.

The second day is about policy theory.

I am trying to swipe down more than 900 people at once, so the speed of the body search and identity verification is very fast.

However, because it is a re-examination, the exam questions are more difficult than the previous main exam.

The remote content involved in the main test only accounts for 20%, but the remote content of the retest is almost 50%. If the basic skills are not solid, it will definitely be over.

Li Qiao is very fortunate that he is a supernatural person. He has only been studying hard for two and a half years. In such a short time, he has to memorize so many books. times, it may not be possible to memorize the Four Books, Five Classics, Three History and Three Passes.

At the beginning of time travel, he never imagined that the greatest use of his powers is not to fight and kill, but to help him in the imperial examination...

Mingzhifu sat at the head, watching Li Qiao repeat the previous process, he also repeated the last mood .

This time the college test papers are more difficult than the previous ones, and there are a lot more out-of-the-way content.

But this didn't bother Li Qiao, very good.

As for poetry, seeing Li Qiao staring at the test paper as if he was killing his father and enemy, he secretly sighed.

For young people, it has only been a few years since they have corrected their evil ways, and it is not easy to practice their basic skills solidly.

The two items of poetry and calligraphy are worse, anyway, what the Holy Majesty values ​​most is policy essays.

However, the difficulty of today's paper has increased a lot, so will tomorrow's policy discussion be more difficult than previous years?

Although he was the chief examiner, the questions of the college examination were sealed, and he didn't know what the specific questions were before the exam started.

The first day of the retest passed quickly.

On the second day, the highlight came.

Last time, Li Qiao's essay seemed opportunistic. Therefore, before entering the test booth this time, the other examinees were not thinking about today's topic, but Li Qiao.

Anyway, Li Qiao would definitely take the lead.

I just don't know what Li Qiao's article is like this time.

Seeing Li Qiao's displeasure, she sneered in her heart at the moment, Li Qiao could play tricks once, but certainly not twice.

If Li Qiao doesn't show his real talents this time, then he is a parallel importer!

Meng Yue and Li Qiao stood together, but did not join the crowd of Xu's family. He had a frowning face and his shoulders drooped.

"Yesterday's topic was so difficult. I hope today's policy theory will be simpler."

His family is poor. Over the years, he has copied all four books, five classics, three histories, three biographies and some related commentaries. Therefore, he read only the most basic books.

His knowledge reserve and reading range were far inferior to Li Qiao and Xu Ying's. Although he answered all of yesterday's papers, he was terrified to answer them, fearing that there would be some super-syllabus questions that he didn't know about.

Although the possibility of exceeding the outline is extremely small, the current emperor's questions always go to hell, what if there is a question beyond the outline.

Fortunately, there were no over-the-top questions yesterday, but his heart did not fall back into his stomach. Today's policy topic is the most important, what if today's policy topic is over-the-top.

well.

Li Qiao saw Meng Yue's expression, and raised his hand to pat him on the shoulder: "It's okay, there are forty places for admission, even if our articles are poor, as long as we surpass the others, we will be fine.

" According to regulations, forty people must be admitted.

So don't be afraid, as long as you beat the other candidates in the same field.

Meng Yue smiled wryly: "I hope so."

Alas, worry.

Seeing this, Tao Zhu pursed his lower lip, but he couldn't help but said to Li Qiao: "Don't be nervous."

He had told Li Qiao many times last night and this morning not to be nervous, but at this moment Not only Meng Yue had a sad face, but other candidates also had a sad face, which made him nervous too.

Li Qiao has attracted the attention of everyone, and this time the topic is so difficult...

"I'm not nervous, but you, don't be nervous."

Li Qiao held Tao Zhu's hand, shook it a few times with a smile: "It's okay to be nervous." Yes, extending the head is a knife, retracting the head is also a knife, I will do my best."

Tao Zhu: "..."

He was speechless, but seeing Li Qiao's smile, he couldn't help but also laughed.

Yes, it's already this time, and it's useless to be nervous.

I hope His Majesty will not toss so many candidates this time.

Soon, the yamen servant came over.

Candidates lined up to enter the examination room, and the process was quickly completed, and one hundred candidates were seated.

The yamen servant carried the board into the hall.

Li Qiao's eyes were good, and he saw the topic from a distance. After confirming what the topic was, he frowned slightly.

Last year, the Holy One wrote a short essay on water transportation. Cao, in simple terms, is to transport food by water.

Part of the grain tax collected by each locality is reserved for the local county, part of it goes to the granary in the prefecture, and part of it has to be transported to the capital.

However, the transportation in Dasheng is inconvenient, especially in remote areas. If you want to transport food to the capital, you have to alternate between water and land routes.

Moreover, there are often losses on the road. For example, when it rains, so much food is not easy to store, and some will get moldy.

To this end, the Holy One wrote a special article.

The article was very short, only about 200 words. He felt that the land route was not easy, and it was more convenient to transport grain and taxes by water.

However, shipping by sea is too risky. When a wave hits, the ship will be destroyed and no grain of food will be seen.

Therefore, the topic of this policy discussion is that if the imperial court wants to build a canal that runs through the north and the south, will the benefits outweigh the harm or the harm outweigh the benefits.

Li Qiao squinted his eyes, and his gaze stayed on the wooden board for half a minute before picking up the brush and starting to copy the title.

The topic this time is Receiving Hell again.

Not to mention the other candidates, even him, his scalp was a little numb at this time.

In the end, whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages or the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, this must be the public saying that the public is right and the woman is saying that the woman is right. Who knows which side the test reviewers are leaning towards.

The examination papers were approved by not only the magistrate, but also Xuezheng.

Li Qiao didn't know much about this Xuezheng lord, but just looking at Mingzhifu's words, Mingzhifu, like Jiangzhi County, followed the way of thinking of the Holy Majesty.

Whatever the Holy Majesty likes, these two adults will like.

But what is His Majesty's true intention in writing this essay?

Does His Majesty want to build a canal or not?

Li Qiao frowned, he didn't know the situation in court, he only knew about this little composition by the Holy Majesty.

So how should he write it?

The author has something to say:

Thank you guys for not thinking that my copywriting is a scam, okay~

send a small red envelope to the guys!